Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenspuds

Where to buy LG washer- customer service?

gardenspuds
13 years ago

I was planning on buying from Best Buy or Sears, but neither store has the LG washer I'm looking at in store, only online. My local independent appliance retailer doesn't sell LG. I did get to see the LG waveforce at Home Depot in person, but I have had a few issues with HD in the past from a remodel, and not thrilled about using them.

I got to thinking, if I'm going to order online at Best Buy or Sears, is there anywhere else I should consider? I've never bought anything like a major appliance purchase online, so it's a bit scary for me!

I'm less concerned about getting the rock bottom price, and more interested in who has the best customer service should something go wrong with installation, or if the machine dies in the first few days, am I stuck with it unless I have an extended warranty? Other than delivery, installation and possible extended warranty costs, are there other costs that go with an online purchase that I should be aware of?

Where have you bought online, and have you been happy with customer service after the install? Please, no bashing of retailers.

Thanks.

Barbara

Comments (15)

• livebetter
    13 years ago

Hi Barbara, I'm Canadian so I may be off base but have you looked at Lowes? You were looking at the Wave Force right? I know my Lowes carries it here. They also have very good extended warranty prices. My parents just received some entry level LG FL machines from Lowes and they were very pleased with the delivery/install of them.

Good Luck!

• gardenspuds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Livebetter. Yes, the waveforce I'm looking at buying.

When I go to Lowe's website, if I type in my zipcode, it doesn't seem like LG machines are available for delivery here and aren't even listed on the website. I don't know how to change it back to not having an associated store so that I can see if they would deliver nationally?

I'll keep trying.

Barbara

• graymare7
    13 years ago

I just bought the LG Wave Force at HHGreggs and for the best price of anyone around. They will match the lowest price of any store and even more so. Delivery was even free after the rebate you have to send in.

As for Lowes selling it, they do not anywhere afaik. I wanted to buy it there because my daughter is a Sales Manager there and could get me a discount, but they said they don't deal with LG at all. I didn't try online.

graymare

• billp1
    13 years ago

Purchased on line at EvVive. Best price and free delivery plus no tax. There are other on line sites that are worth a look.

Ours arrived within four days from the time we ordered..

• debo_2006
    13 years ago

Got mine last September at HHGREGG at a very good price. Do your homework on the Internet to see where the units are selling the cheapest (the website must have a physical address - brick & mortar building, not PO Box in order for most places to price match). GREGG will match it. I got my LG 5101 units for $660 each and this was when they were new on the market. You can probably find them cheaper now with a good sale if you are savvy. Due to these units being all electronic, I also bought the 5-year warrant at a real good price.

• graymare7
    13 years ago

WOw I thought I got a good price at HHGregg for 829.00 each. Now I feel disappointed that I didn't.Wouldn't the prices go up instead of down anyway?

• gardenspuds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone.

I've decided to buy from Sears. They had the lowest prices on the LG Waveforce washer and dryer (maybe a President's day sale?), and free installation, delivery charge of $65. Yes, there was sales tax, but still everything together was less than other retailers (the two other retailers listed in this thread were $75-$125 higher on the washer alone). I'm not really one to want to haggle over price by finding the best deal and getting a price match, I was more concerned with customer service.

I also decided on Sears because I have gotten appliances from them in the past and have been happy enough with their service. I did not purchase any extended warranty, LG offers 1 year on parts and labor (I talked with LG, this includes electronics), and 10 yrs. on motor.

It's a little intimidating buying such big ticket items online- I had my husband at the computer with me, I triple checked my cart to make sure I had the right washer and gas dryer!

Thanks.
    Barbara

• gardenspuds
    Original Author
    13 years ago

graymare7- I wonder if some of the folks saying they got the Wavforce for the $660 got special pricing when it was new? Anyway, the price I got from Sears was $764, and that was the lowest I could find when I searched online, but I did not do an extensive search, only the major online retailers. And, I did have to pay sales tax and delivery charge of $65 (with free installation) with Sears, but since I bought the gas dryer too, it came out a few dollars cheaper than the others. I don't know exactly what you paid for installation and if you paid tax, but it's probably not much more than what I ended up paying in the end...
    Barbara

• debo_2006
    13 years ago

garden....No, I did not get special pricing because they were new. I negotiated as I do with most things and usually with success. HHGREGG's price for these units at the time was $999 for the washer and $1099 for the dryer, or vice versa, and that was on sale, so they said.

I knew that Best Buy had the same units on sale, which was the lowest price I found when I went out shopping that day (4 different stores). When I finally went to HHGREGG I told them the sale price BB had and they checked it out. They matched the price with another 10% off. I haggled more and the manager gave me more off.

So, that's how I got such a good price.

• graymare7
    13 years ago

debi....when I went to HHGREGGS they were 899 each and because Sears was selling them for 849, Gregg matched that and a little more bringing them down to 829. Still not as good as your price. I did haggle a little and they gave me some more off bringing the total to 1,777. for both. That was with tax. Installation was included, also 15. for dryer kit. Did you get yours online? Glad you got such a good deal.

• billp1
    13 years ago

Which LG 5101 are we comparing. 5101H, 5101HW 5101H, etc

There can be quite a price difference in the different models

• graymare7
    13 years ago

The LG model I got for 829.00 is the 5101HV, the Graphite color.I know the color is usually 100.00 more than the white.

What model and color was the 660.00 price? Same?

• debo_2006
    13 years ago

I bought them IN the store. My units are the 5101 white. I was too afraid gray would show scratches more predominately, plus it clashed with my year old chocolate brown walls (always thinking about the decor...LOL).

I think at the time I got them, I was a several stores, but Best Buy had them on sale for $764 or something close to that which was a good deal already. So I used that price to match and haggle at GREGG. The girl who rung me up was surprised by the low price I got them for!!

• graymare7
    13 years ago

Okay, well knowing you got the white helps with the price lol. I was told after the sale was over they were going back up to 1,099. Probably looks better when they match a lower price somewhere else. Actually, it was Sears who had the lower price that they matched so maybe I'll just go there next time. But hopefully I won't need another set in the near future.

• westvillager
    13 years ago

Averages say you'll not have a service issue but I find it interesting you chose partly based on that. I do too -- not to exclusivity -- but I think great customer service is not standard. When I do find it I'm unyielding even it costs more.