Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FL Washer w/ short cycle & santi cycle suggestions

Posted by twingle (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 23, 13 at 12:47

My old TL is on its way out. I have 4 little boys -youngest twins who are having 'potty issues'. So I would like to have a wash that really cleans pants and undies well and after this flu season ... a really good santi cycle. I would also like a washer with a shorter cycle. Sorry to be graphic. Any FL washer suggestions??? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FL Washer w/ short cycle & santi cycle suggestions

We have the Kenmore H3s (Whirlpool manufactured them for Sears). Love the Sani cycle. My motto is if the stain didn't come out in the Sani cycle, then its not going to come out. I don't have to use my motto often :-) However, I do not recommend the Kenmores/Whirlpool for their Express cycles. I do not find they clean anywhere near as well as the Normal cycle which is just about 10-15 minutes longer. I have heard Electrolux has the shortest cycle and I want to say some models offer the Sani cycle, but I don't know how well their short/express cycles clean.

Hope this helps!

o

All of the FL I've looked at have a quicker cycle and most have a sanitize or hotter cycle. How hot do you want the sanitize cycle to be? That will narrow your choices. Also, are you looking for a washer that will clean well with a short cycle or just want a short cycle for barely dirty laundry? I know that seems like a strange question but realistically dirty clothes require a longer cycle to get clean.

o

samsung 520 has onboard heater for sanitize. it also has a short cycle. the only cycle that doesn't get truly hot is the Normal cycle...

o

oh, I think the 520 has been replaced by the touch panel model, but not for sure.

o

Most FLs have Sanitize cycles these days.

Especially quick washers would be the Samsung washers with SpeedSpray (WF 403, 435, 455 and 457) with Normal cycles of 44 minutes. And the LG TurboWash washers with Normal cycles of 38 minutes. The Kenmore 41472 and the 41572 are LG clones.

Alex

o

Electrolux. It has a sanitize and allergen cyle. Steam, fast wash...it has so many cycles I can't remember them all!

Fabulous washer. Have it 5 months and I'm still amazed and I've been doing laundry over 50 years!! This one beats them all.

Jane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here