Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
whiteycat

Can you measure your Speed Queen W and D for me?

whiteycat
10 years ago

I am at the point when I would like to order the SQ AWN 542 washer and the ADE4BR electric dryer. My problem is I am limited to 29" depth-wise,

The original homeowners built a wood platform on top of the floor for their compact Bosch W and D. It is a 6" high platform made of wood, attached to the floor, tiled on top and finished on the front so it looks very nice. So it is basically permanent, unless I hire someone to tear it out and retile the floor under it. Problem is that it is only 29" deep from the front of the platform to the wall.

Do you think these SQ's will work? The top flat piece on them is 28" deep, but that is just the actual top piece that surrounds the lid. The back of the case below that is not as deep. It looked to be about an inch or so shorter at the store.

Can someone please measure how deep their washer and dryer is for me? Please measure the depth of both the top piece and the depth of the actual machine below the top ledge. Do you think that I could set up either machine within a 29" deep platform, so the front legs still sit on the platform?

Thanks for any help or advice!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm