Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need to decide TODAY between lg waveforce and kenmore elite!

Posted by julescap (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 5, 12 at 10:30

the Kenmore elite is on sale today,basically bringing to same price as LG waveforce. No bargain prices today though, but I need new machine now. Questions: Do they both have extra water feature in the wash...how does it work? One has washplate,one has agitator. Should I be scared of washplate for eating bra underwires?.Do they both have internal heaters? What is difference between electronic vs mechanical control? Would I be safer with one yr parts and labor warranty or with 10yr motor/lifetime drum? I am terrified ti make another mistake ofter Calypso which I am replacing. Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need to decide TODAY between lg waveforce and kenmore elite!

I can only speak for the LG Wafeforce.
I would opt for the LG if it were me, they seem to be very well made and I have not any problems with mine at all.

I have heard people having issues with repair/service work but name one brand where you don't see the same issues?
I think it is largely the fault of who is in your particular area as far as repairman problems.

I have no idea how we would fare if something happened to ours and I hope I never find out, odds are pretty good I never will as so far in 40 years of doing laundry I have yet to ever need a repairman to come out.

All I know is ours works great, I can add extra if I feel the need though so far never have.
It has an internal heater that works with 2 cycles, Bright Whites (122degrees) and Sanitary (158degrees)

o

What model elite and wave force are you looking at? The 5101 wave force has a heater the other does not. Too many models of the elite to list with out more info. My brother and sister inlaw got the 5101 wave force just after Christmas and have not been thrilled with it. They have had problems with it going out of balance on spins, they had a tech out last week and were told to spin at lower speeds. That doesn't help as it starts to shake even at low speeds. I've not seen it try and correct the load on it's own as it's suppose to do. I have seen it walk because it out of balance at which point he paused it moved two or three item and then it was fine. He was surprised to see the the brackets that hold the suspension rod and all the weight of the tub and laundry are made of plastic, not metal like most top loaders.

o

oops ,I meant to include that it's the LG waveforce 5101hw and the kenmore elite29272

o

They are both LG, but I see nothing that would indicate a heater on the kenmore unit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here