Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Check out this LG front load washer (Leaking) video

Posted by mark40511 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 19, 12 at 3:59

This leak is terrible. I wonder what's causing it. I've never seen anything like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_RuEPJ4JYU

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Check out this LG front load washer (Leaking) video

I wonder when the last time they cleaned the dispenser was? All that water is coming from it, did you notice that when the fill stopped the "leak" form the door stopped as well. I'de wonder if the bleach or fabric softener bit are plugged up and the water is flowing up and out instead of out the back of the tray?

o

I wonder when the last time they cleaned the dispenser was? All that water is coming from it, did you notice that when the fill stopped the "leak" form the door stopped as well. I'de wonder if the bleach or fabric softener bit are plugged up and the water is flowing up and out instead of out the back of the tray?

o

She keeps saying it's leaking from the tub. It's not. All the leaking is from the dispenser drawer. The flow is running around the door which appears to be coming from the tub (bottom of the door).

o

She posted a vid in Jan too showing it clearly pouring out of the dispenser drawer. I can't believe she continues to use it leaking that much water. I sure looks like a problem with the drawer. I would not be leaking from the tub like that.

I puzzled why that can't be fixed?

Here is a link that might be useful: latest upload

o

Not there. Don't know. But....appears to be pretty easy diagnosis to me. That dispenser drawer is open gravity-feed into the tub. Something is obstructing. Clean it out and it will work fine. Not worth making a video over.

o

She posted in Dec as well and states they changed the dispenser so it must be a blockage in the hose from the tray to the outer tube, or the back of the washer it way higher then the front and needs leveled.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here