Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kenmore 4027 or ???

Posted by rogerv (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 26, 11 at 3:06

I'm looking for a reliable front loading washing machine for less than $1000 (preferably). I've noticed that the Kenmore 4027 gets good ratings, and wonder if any one here has had personal experience with them?

Or what front loading washing machines have been reliable for less than $1000? I'm not looking for bells and whistles, just a reliable washing machine that will work for a few years.

We need to replace our 10-year old FridgeMore, finally. It is starting to leak, and I really don't want to put money into it at this point.

Thanks.

-Roger

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kenmore 4027 or ???

Kenmore 4051 also looks good to me, as far as ratings go. A little faster spin speed, as well.

Or should I be looking at another brand?

Thanks.

-Roger

o
Made by LG...

Now I see that these Kenmore washers are made by LG for Sears, which makes me wonder.

Any other good choices in the $1000 price class?

Thanks.

-Roger

o
Bosch Vision 500 WFVC54

Looking at this one now, we have a Bosch dishwasher that we like, and this washer looks good to me.

Any comments on this one?

All over the map here *smile*.

-Roger

o
Electrolux IQ-Touch EIFLW55

This is another washer that I'm considering now, the Electrolux IQ-Touch basic model, as well as the Bosch Vision 500.

Any comments about which of these might be better in terms of reliability? Both have negative posts here and there, but everything made by people will have some problems.

-Roger

o

Hi Roger,
My Electrolux IQ-Touch (basic model) was delivered yesterday and I must say that I am not really lovin' it. I was torn between the Electrolux and a Miele and for some CRAZY reason I thought the Electrolux would be good enough for me. Now I have a wicked case of buyers remorse. I looked quickly at the Kenmore and it felt cheaply made to me. I also find Sears customer service a bit lacking. If I got to choose again between the Bosch/Electro I would choose Bosch. I feel for you, I just went through all this too. I wish you well :)

o

Good input, thanks. Good to hear from actual experience.

There's a new one that I'm now looking at, Whirlpool Duet WFW94HEXW, which came out on top of the latest Consumer Reports reviews. Very few reviews of it that I can find from actual owners, though. Looks like it has lots of features, and the reviews that are out there that I've seen are positive.

So I'm considering that one, too.

I've seen lots of varying reviews of Whirlpool Duets in the past, and Consumer Reports is funny in that an appliance that's on the top today falls to the middle or bottom of their ratings next time...But at least it's a data point.

-Roger

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here