Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fisher & Paykel GWL15 no power

Posted by daisysummer04 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 1, 12 at 0:09

Any ideas would be great and so appreciated!! After a one time service charge of over $100 to just see what the problem was......I watched as the service man got a dime out of the water pump piece. This happened on 3 other occasions which I promptly fixed....yea, me! lol money saved.... Now, here we go again!
It acted as if it was the water pump. So I baled out the water and then the next day I was going to see if I had any change in the water pump. When I went to turn it on one last chance to get it to suck the water out....there was no power. The control panel seemed to be fine, but nothing. The plug, the breaker and the outlet are all fine and working. Just no power at all to the machine. Figured if it was the motor at least the panel should light up, so was thinking it was the power source. IS there a magic reset button somewhere? or do you think it could be the power board? It's a great machine but for the service call, parts and labor, I can almost buy another new one. I would really appreciate anything you can think of for me to check.
Thanks!!!
Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fisher & Paykel GWL15 no power

There is no hidden/magic reset button on these machines.

If the machine is "dead" then the controller board is bad.

The control panel itself is a separate module from the controller board. There are two motors ... the main SmartDrive motor that runs agitation and spin, and the separate little pump. The control board is the "heart" of the machine, not the motor(s).

A bad pump will often zap the board ... *particularly* if the pump has been leaking / has gotten wet. A jammed pump (such as from a dime) shouldn't ordinarily zap the board. The pump has separate overheat protection that resets when it cools.

Pretty much all repairs on F&P washers, except replacing the tub bearings, are easy enough that a competent DIYer can handle them without calling-out a service tech.

Parts are available online from SearsPartsDirect.com and FisherPaykelParts.net

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here