Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patrick_808

Bosch Nexxt Door Fit, Alignment, Sag?

patrick_808
13 years ago

I have had a Bosch Nexxt 300 Washer for a couple of years, and been very happy with it. The machine does a great job is relatively quiet. Originally, I was unhappy with the annoying attention signal that sounds every thirty seconds or so when the machine was finished. However, after finding in the instructions that I could turn that awful sound off, I have had no complaints with the washer.

I have recently noticed that the door requires quite a slam to get it properly closed. Upon investigation, I see that the metal latch on the door is not properly aligned with the plastic housing on the washer. It seems to have worn a groove in the housing from the misalignment. There doesn't seem to be any play in the hinge. Maybe this has been the case all along, and I didn't notice it at first. I have found that if I lift up slightly on the door when closing it, it closes more easily without needing to be slammed shut.

Any Suggestions on what I can do to cure this? I will try to show a link of a few pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58006128@N03/5334405651/"; title="IMG_6435 by pjo180, on Flickr">

Here is a link that might be useful: Bosch Door Latch

Comments (8)

• sshrivastava
    13 years ago

Sounds like a service call may be in order.

• dlr98004
    12 years ago

I have the exact same problem - mine is Nexxt 500 series - a few years old. I really need to slam my door get it to close. Help!

• patrick_808
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I have been disappointed in how little response I have received here. So far, here is how I have handled the situation. A little lubricating grease where the metal latch & plastic housing rub together seems to help a little. To keep things from getting too greasy, I just use a tiny bit, and reapply often. I avoid putting any downward pressure on the door. While it is a little awkward, I try to put a slight "lifting" pressure to the door as I close it. I have learned to live with the problem, but still would like a better solution. Any more help would be appreciated.

• patrick_808
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oregpsnow,

Thanks for the tip. automaticwasher.org is a fascinating site. I enjoyed looking at all the vintage machines. Another GW member with the same door problem on their Bosch, has informed me of success by using a slight shim in the door hinge. I won't be near my machine for a few months, but will try the same when I can. I just hope I can get access to removing the hinge without special tools. As I recall, it looked tricky to me.

• jseeley
    12 years ago

I'm having the same issue. I have a 1 1/2 year old Bosch Axxis (which has a different latch from your Nexxt) but thought I was doing a good deed by leaving the door open in between washes. But in doing so, it caused the door to sag where I need to lift the door to get the latch to line-up with lock. Now after washes, I will leave only cracked for a certain amount of time and then close the door completely. You can't win! I slightly tightened the screws holding the two halves of the door which does tighten the play in the door but it doesn't help in lifting the door. Patrick, can you please show me the forum where you learned of the shim? Hopefully it applies to my washer as well. Thanks, John

• Jay Barba
    3 years ago

This is an old forum, but my Axxis has the same problem now, door sag, so much that is had permanently damaged the plastic of the electric door latch. I ordered a repacement, but worried about this happening again. Has anyone found a better solution to correcting the door sag? Can someone post the link on the shim? jseeley. Sounds like you have the same exact issue. I too left the door open all the time. Any advice?

• jseeley
    3 years ago

Hi Jay... Sorry I haven't noticed your post sooner. I notice this issue after leaving my door open after my last wash. The glass is heavy and causes the plastic to bend over time. I still keep my door cracked to air-out the inside, but I support the door with an old vacuum radiator attachment. I gently wedge it between the floor and the bottom of the door to keep he door supported and plastic 'trained". Or you can just keep the door shut all of the time. I never found out anything about the shim but I guess each shim (two) would probably go under each of the two metal hinges to raise the door ever so slightly.

Sponsored
Case Architects & Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars149 Reviews
DC/MD/VA Premier Design Build Firm // 23X Best of Houzz Winner