Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Front Load Washer ($1200

Posted by ronnj1 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 31, 11 at 22:27

Hello,

I am in need of a new washer. I live in New Jersey and have 3 children under 10. I do 4-5 loads per week. I have a budget of $1200. I would like a front loader with pedestal. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles. I would like a machine that will clean my clothes and be able to handle comforters and some bulkier items.

What should I be looking for? I have never bought a washer before. Thank you.

Ron

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Front Load Washer ($1200

Hi Ron,

What size bedding are you needing to wash? Full, Queen or King? Down or synthetic? Any allergies or special needs (ie diapers)?

Do you need a dyer, too?

o

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Queen size, down and synthetic, no allergies and done with the diapers. I need a dryer but it will have to wait a few months.

o

For your price range, have you looked at the larger sized LG's and Bosch's? There are threads here you can read that detail more info.

I just bought a used W/D, so I'm not really familiar with what's new on the market. They replaced a working set of Kenmore's (whilrpool clones), that were 4.5 years old, but I wanted an upgrade in brand and features.

o

I bought a Samsung WF330 last August. It handles everything really well: bedding, sweaters, a wool coat, big loads, small loads. Even a disgusting old nose bleed on a pillow case (my teenage son -- brought it down for laundry a week later) came out clean. I'm not one to "love" machinery, but I do love this machine. It's a whole new world of laundry in that I can wash things I never could wash well or wash at all before.

I use liquid HE detergent from Costco and have been pleased.

Here is a link that might be useful: Samsung WF330

o

We use a WP Duet front loader, 4.0 cu size, with good luck so far. It does use less water if that is a concern and does a pretty good job cleaning the clothes. (4 people/2 kids under 6). The front loaders recommend using that HE soap but I have used Arm and Hammer liquid soap with no problems. If I can catch the Tide HE soap on sale at Target I will use that because my wife likes the smell of it. When this machine breaks down (6 years old) we will most likely get another one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here