Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Kenmore Elite 41472

Posted by sweetmindy805 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 24, 13 at 22:17

Hi guys. I got a Kenmore Elite FL today with Accela wash. Have done a few loads and used the accela wash everytime. The express wash can be completed in 15 minutes. When the drum turns the two jets at the bottom spray the clothes with the water and detergent. The jets seem to run the whole cycle. I used the sanitize and it was completed in 110 minutes. I selected accela wash, extra rinse and medium soil level. There is no drum light on this model and it didnt come with fill hoses :( its very quite during spin, does not sit there trying to balance the load like the previous washer i had, samsung 405. The samsung would pause mid cycle during sanitze every time. Im glad this kenmore does not do that.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Kenmore Elite 41472

Is this Kenmore made by LG? I think so but not sure.Glad you like it.

o

This is the LG version. It's very quite and I've just tried vaska for the first time and am in love. It aids up alot so i need just a little soap for all loads. Smells like sprite! I do smell the lavender hint, but its not strong.

What does consumer reports rate this washer?

o

CR Rated it #5 out of 20. Score of 87 out of 100.
Washing-Excellent
Energy Efficiency-Excellent
Water Efficiency-Excellent
Capacity-Excellent
Gentleness-Excellent
Noise-Very Good
Vibration-Very Good
Cycle Time- 85 Min.

Great Ratings. Glad you are liking it.

o

Thanks for that info. What washer ranked in at #1?

I decided not to ever use bleach in the washer. Do you think this will extend the life of the bearing and or spider? Because the bleach will corrode the spider correct?

o

#1-Samsung WF457ARGS---89/100=overall score

#2-LG WM8000H[V]A---89/100

#3-LG WM3470H[W]A---88/100

#4-Whirlpool Duet WFW94HEX[W]---87/100

#5-Kenmore Elite 4147[2]---87/100

#6-Kenmore 4137[2]---87/100

Not sure about using the bleach and the spider damage. Have read it is bad for it,also read where it makes no difference. I have a 12 year old Maytag Neptune and it has had bleach used in it since day one. Only problem I ever had was the door lock and board. Warranty fixed that 11 years ago and no problems since(knock on wood).

o

I like this TurboWash technology. More washers should do this.

Here is a link that might be useful: Review

o

Posted by sparky823 (My Page) on Sat, Jan 26, 13 at 4:00
#1-Samsung WF457ARGS---89/100=overall score
#2-LG WM8000H[V]A---89/100

#3-LG WM3470H[W]A---88/100

#4-Whirlpool Duet WFW94HEX[W]---87/100

#5-Kenmore Elite 4147[2]---87/100

#6-Kenmore 4137[2]---87/100

Not sure about using the bleach and the spider damage. Have read it is bad for it,also read where it makes no difference. I have a 12 year old Maytag Neptune and it has had bleach used in it since day one. Only problem I ever had was the door lock and board. Warranty fixed that 11 years ago and no problems since(knock on wood).

thanks for the list!

o

Glad you like your machine. I do not think bleach will harm the washer at all! Frankly, I think there's something in the diluted bleach (these machines don't need much)that helps somewhat. At least that's what I've read. I'm sure it's debatable. At any rate, I've used bleach in my FL for 8 years so far and no spider/bearing failure. Obviously leaving door open slightly when not in use helps as well.

o

Has anyone tried the matching dryer? I think the Model# is 81472.

I am thinking about getting this dryer but will keep my old washer which is still working fine.

Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here