Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetmindy805

New Kenmore Elite 41472

sweetmindy805
11 years ago

Hi guys. I got a Kenmore Elite FL today with Accela wash. Have done a few loads and used the accela wash everytime. The express wash can be completed in 15 minutes. When the drum turns the two jets at the bottom spray the clothes with the water and detergent. The jets seem to run the whole cycle. I used the sanitize and it was completed in 110 minutes. I selected accela wash, extra rinse and medium soil level. There is no drum light on this model and it didnt come with fill hoses :( its very quite during spin, does not sit there trying to balance the load like the previous washer i had, samsung 405. The samsung would pause mid cycle during sanitze every time. Im glad this kenmore does not do that.

Comments (9)

• sparky823
    11 years ago

Is this Kenmore made by LG? I think so but not sure.Glad you like it.

• sweetmindy805
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This is the LG version. It's very quite and I've just tried vaska for the first time and am in love. It aids up alot so i need just a little soap for all loads. Smells like sprite! I do smell the lavender hint, but its not strong.

What does consumer reports rate this washer?

• sparky823
    11 years ago

CR Rated it #5 out of 20. Score of 87 out of 100.
    Washing-Excellent
    Energy Efficiency-Excellent
    Water Efficiency-Excellent
    Capacity-Excellent
    Gentleness-Excellent
    Noise-Very Good
    Vibration-Very Good
    Cycle Time- 85 Min.

Great Ratings. Glad you are liking it.

• sweetmindy805
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for that info. What washer ranked in at #1?

I decided not to ever use bleach in the washer. Do you think this will extend the life of the bearing and or spider? Because the bleach will corrode the spider correct?

• sparky823
    11 years ago

#1-Samsung WF457ARGS---89/100=overall score

#2-LG WM8000H[V]A---89/100

#3-LG WM3470H[W]A---88/100

#4-Whirlpool Duet WFW94HEX[W]---87/100

#5-Kenmore Elite 4147[2]---87/100

#6-Kenmore 4137[2]---87/100

Not sure about using the bleach and the spider damage. Have read it is bad for it,also read where it makes no difference. I have a 12 year old Maytag Neptune and it has had bleach used in it since day one. Only problem I ever had was the door lock and board. Warranty fixed that 11 years ago and no problems since(knock on wood).

• whirlpool_trainee
    11 years ago

I like this TurboWash technology. More washers should do this.

Here is a link that might be useful: Review

• pbx2_gw
    11 years ago

Posted by sparky823 (My Page) on Sat, Jan 26, 13 at 4:00
    #1-Samsung WF457ARGS---89/100=overall score
    #2-LG WM8000H[V]A---89/100

#3-LG WM3470H[W]A---88/100

#4-Whirlpool Duet WFW94HEX[W]---87/100

#5-Kenmore Elite 4147[2]---87/100

#6-Kenmore 4137[2]---87/100

Not sure about using the bleach and the spider damage. Have read it is bad for it,also read where it makes no difference. I have a 12 year old Maytag Neptune and it has had bleach used in it since day one. Only problem I ever had was the door lock and board. Warranty fixed that 11 years ago and no problems since(knock on wood).

thanks for the list!

• mark40511
    11 years ago

Glad you like your machine. I do not think bleach will harm the washer at all! Frankly, I think there's something in the diluted bleach (these machines don't need much)that helps somewhat. At least that's what I've read. I'm sure it's debatable. At any rate, I've used bleach in my FL for 8 years so far and no spider/bearing failure. Obviously leaving door open slightly when not in use helps as well.

• Janice63
    11 years ago

Has anyone tried the matching dryer? I think the Model# is 81472.

I am thinking about getting this dryer but will keep my old washer which is still working fine.

Thanks!