Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yebo_gw

stacking WD decision - hoping for help

yebo
12 years ago

Situation: Stacking WD in closet 29" wide to be built near bedroom, so quietness is desirable. D has to be electric per building rules. I list the washer models below.

2 Questions:

1. Between these standard brands - all 27" wide and around 4 cf capacity - any recommendations or avoids: Whirlpool duet WFW97HEXW; Maytag Maxxima MHW6000XW; or Elux EWFLS70JIW.

2. Miele W3033 - 24" W, 2-3 cf; no bigger stacking from Boasch or Miele anymore, I'm told. Does Miele quality make this worth considering though the capacity is much lower than the standard brands?

Comments (2)

• ideagirl2
    12 years ago

I wouldn't rule out the Miele unless you have a big family that churns out huge loads of dirty laundry. In a way the smaller size of the Miele/Bosch could be a plus in your situation: it might leave you just enough room to install a slide-out shelf to one side of the machines to hold your detergent and other laundry related items. But make sure you get the complete specs on all the machines you're seriously considering; in particular, check their depth. How deep is your closet?

• yebo
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The closte will be 44" high. Indeed, I have to get one of the smaller onces, probably the Miele, b/c I need the ventless. Everyone earlier forgot to check (or I to tell them) that there was no external venting.

Any suggestions about specs for the slideout shelf will be very welcome.