Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you like your built in ironing boards?

Posted by alizacf (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 30, 12 at 21:49

Any one have built in ironing boards? Are they the same size as a regular board? How do the built ins compare to the freestanding boards in terms of ease of ironing large items like bedding?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you like your built in ironing boards?

I have one and I like it, however it is smaller and not the greatest for ironing large items likes sheets.
The ironing board covers are hard to find. The last few years I've found them at Lowes

o

Thanks chloe45 for your response. I think I'll stick with free standing as size is important.

o

I have one too, and I agree with Chloe45. It's not as big as a regular ironing board.

But I love it. I'll gladly give up the extra surface space for the convenience of a built-in. It's so easy to take down, use, and put right back up. And I don't have to worry about finding a good place to store my ironing board!

o

I have one w/space for the iron, lint remover and sprays.
It does have electric and a light. I LOVE IT !!! I had a basic one at my last house and even for the extra money, I could not live w/o it....
I iron as I wear, so I use it at least 4 x a week. I would go nuts if I had to drag the board and iron out that many times for just a touch up or a pair of jeans....

I rarely do large pieces and if I have to, I just put a chair to hold the ends off the floor. I iron way more small things than large.

o

I can't really say I prefer one over the other all around. When it comes down to certain types of ironing, I find it helps to have both types of iron.

I use the stand up iron board for larger items like sheets and the smaller built in model for smaller items like dress shirts, pants, etc.

I am going to have a pretty in depth review section on my website soon, I am taking suggestions for laundry related products other than washer dryers to review.

Show some love by "LIKING" the HOME page of my site!

Thanks,

Jeremy Stanton

Here is a link that might be useful: Stackable Washer Dryer Reviews

o

I guess it's a tradeoff between convenience and size.

Our house (13+ years) has a built-in. It is smaller. However, I don't iron frequently. When I do, it's to iron for same-day wear. Usually a single item or two.

When I'm sewing, especially if I'm ironing fabric to prep for cutting, I need a bigger surface and I will pull out my old ironing board. I keep it in a closet upstairs but only for sewing.

I even use the built-in for the tablecloths, again, only twice a year perhaps.

The convenience of the built-in outweighs the size issue all but once or twice a year for me. If pressed (pun intended), I could give away my traditional board and live with only the built-in.

o

I ironed on a built-in ironing board for years when I was my mom's unpaid maid. It had its advantages, mainly convenience.

As an adult I prefer a stand-up ironing board, though sturdy ones are getting harder to find. Generally speaking, the older the board, the better.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here