Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
orthomom

Whirlpool 4.3-cu ft High-Efficiency Front-Load WFW88HEAC -

orthomom
10 years ago

We just replaced our Kenmore HE3T after just under 10 years of vigorous use (family of 7). We found a good price here at Lowe's Canada for the Whirlpool

http://www.lowes.ca/products/view.aspx?sku=10956362

(only we paid around $1,000)

We have a little under 30 days now to decide whether or not to purchase the 5 year $140 extended warranty. We have *never* purchased appliance warranties before, but for some reason I have a feeling I should bite the bullet this time...these high tech controls feel a bit "delicate"....why do I feel that if something can go wrong, it will?

I realize that manufacturers are a money maker for those who sell them...but bearing in mind the "higher than average" number/size of wash loads, I wonder if I should invest in this "peace of mind"....does anyone here have experience with the extended warranties at Lowes Canada? I read elsewhere that a lot of people have had trouble actually getting what they think they paid for with respect to these warranties (in the U. S. ).

Appliances aren't what they used to be....with less than 10 years in a new house, we have already had to replace the fridge, dishwasher and washing machine....I'm expecting further break-downs shortly in the appliances that are left, so this is why I am considering this warranty.

I did read some troubling stories about the Whirlpool washing machines on this forum (and this one that I bought was supposedly 2nd, next to the Maytag Maxima).

I would appreciate any thoughts/advice.

Comments (2)