Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
monaw_gw

don't buy a samsung washer or dryer

monaw
14 years ago

I am in the market for a new set so I called my trusty repair guy to get suggestions. After all, who would know better then the repair guy which brands fail the most?

He told me that Samsung was the absolute worst, and the parts looked like toys that come out of CrackerJack boxes.

Good luck to all of you that own Samsung washer and dryer.

Comments (263)

• heitz14
    4 years ago

Agree. Just had to completely replace my Samsung front loader after only 3 years. The dryer needed repair after 2 only years.

• William Anderson
    3 years ago

Do NOTbuy a Samsung anything (except for a cell phone) under any circumstances! We did..worst buy in my 60 years! It never got the whites cleaner than grey, and the clothes always smelled like old socks. (Yes, we used same soap as usual). Then the drum started rusting..heavy rust goo coming from the soap outlet dispensers. The rust started after 5 months. Then we found out there was a recall and the top of the washer could come flying off and maim you! Samsung refused to offer anything but $150 back ..on our $1800 purchase (washer - dryer)...Never buy Samsung!

• HU-494973955
    3 years ago

My samsung dryer only lasted 3 years. Was noisy and was repaired twice in 2 years. What a piece of junk. Never again--will never buy another samsung dryer EVER.

• Mark Rees
    3 years ago

Samsungs washer and dryers break every few months. I have replaced several parts on both machines since I got them only 5 years ago. When I look them up online they state that they are reliable.... they much pay google or something because its sooo wrong!! I have all samsung appliances in my kitchen and its the same with those. This was my first house and I just bought what gave us a good deal on black friday. That good deal cost me hundreds in parts already. This is the truth, SAMSUNG ARE LIARS!! Please save yourself the struggle.

• Kelly Atkinson
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I couldnt agree more. We have a Samsung front loader washing machine and it is the worst washing machine I’ve ever owned. I can’t get through one load without having to stop the cycle and try and balance the clothes. This happens regardless of whether it’s a large load or a small load. It’s a nightmare to try and get the clothes wrung out enough to put in the dryer. It takes hours of monitoring the loads to get through them. My hydro bill is through the roof. There is also something wrong with the timer as it keeps going to a high setting so if I dont monitor the load it would continue to go on all day. I’m so fed up I’m ready to put this one at the curb and buy a different brand. Luckily, we have not had any problems with the dryer.

• gina32888
    3 years ago

My Samsung front load washer is 2 years and 8 months old. When I got it I found it was noisy and I called them to see if there was something wrong and they said noise is normal! just under 2 years age it started leaking and the repair persons came said it was just needing a self clean. Since we do around 6 loads a month we don’t need to do that very often Every 6 or so months. A week ago it started again so I did as I was told self clean... I set it and went out for the day. When I came back 8 or so hour later it was still running!!!! It would power off and power on again. the time on the control said it had only gone through 10 minnutes of its cycle. I called the Samsung rep who kindly informed me my warranty is now over and directed me to a repair person house call alone before repair would be $144 CDN. Above that is the cost of parts and labour. I found a more reasonable repair person closet to my home whom kindly told me I’ve bought the worst machine on the market. motor and bearings are gone. cost to fix over $500. Maybe more! I am so angry I’m going to continue to shame Samsung for no giving me my money back or replacing. This is piece of garbage. I’ve calculated out the cost of the under 200 loads of wash I’ve done on this machine and it’s about $4.75 a load! The laundromat is cheaper!. Do not buy a Samsung washing machine. I’m going back to my trusted LG

• HU-252700451
    3 years ago

Buy a Samsung dryer if you want to spend your time at the laundromat. My Samsung dryer lasted 6 months until it died. Under warranty the repair person has been to my house 3 times. 1st to diagnose the problem, then replace the bad part, blew 3 fuses, now it needs a new motor. The repair person told me not to plug it in. Now its a fire hazard. When I called Samsung to escalate the problem with a supervisor they refuse to talk to me. So I have spent

$100 at the laundromat with no resolution. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON SAMSUNG.

• Debbi Clark
    3 years ago
    1. Have had samsung washer for about 2 years now, never again!! Every load takes at least 2 hours to do and sometimes the clothes are sopping wet, I have to put spin cycle on before putting clothes into dryer. Today a load of sheets was in for 4 hours before I paused it, then it started all over again. Once it finally stopped, the door would not unlock, its running through another cycle in hopes the door will unlock when the sheets are washed FOR THE THIRD TIME TODAY! Don’t even want to know how much power and water it used today.
  • HU-494973955
    3 years ago

Yeah, Totally agree. Had Samsung dryer for a little over 3 years. What a piece of junk. Died 1 week after extended warranty expired and nothing but issues. Bought basic Amana and it runs like a Ferrari and whisper quiet. Done with Samsung appliances forever. No longevity or quality as well as severely over priced. Time to get back to basics and get one that really does what it is supposed to do without all the unnecessary bells and whistles. Just dry clothes.

• HU-571991703
    3 years ago

I purchased a Samsung washing machine. Within the first two months, it started giving trouble. The roller broke down within 8 months. I had to call the service personnel, who charged me though the machine is less than one year old and is under warranty. The Fuzzy logic misbehaves often. I called customer service center to inform them about my experience and sent a email to CEO seeking replacement of the machine. They asked for a copy of invoice and called me four to five times and told me that they were discussing the matter. This is over a period of 15 days. When I lost the patience and asked them how long would it take to decide, they told me that they cannot replace the machine and wrote to me stating that I have been charged as per company's policies. So much about their warranty. The machines are absolutely overrated to jack up the price.

I purchased a mobile last year and within 7 days the screen started malfunctioning. The service mechanic repaired it and charged me. My suggestion is please do not buy any Samsung products. They are not reliable, quality is very bad and contacting customer service center is only a waste of time. Communications addressed to CEO is never read by CEO and only some junior officers who have been trained to reject all claims read and respond. Do you remember the movie 'The Rain Maker'?

• HU-494973955
    3 years ago

Does not surprise me. Samsung getting well known for lousy warranty, refunds and even worse laundry machines. Never and I mean never will I ever buy another Samsung laundry product. The absolute worst in the industry.

• HU-494973955
    3 years ago

CEO 'S of today do not manage people. They manage money. Their responsibility is to the board of directors and their huge stock options. We the customers are considered collateral damage. Their objective is to make the money end of it look good so they reap the rewards. We are suckered in with fancy claims and advertising gimmicks designed to make you and I buy the product then blow you off if you have an issue. They get richer and we suffer the results of cheap as possible manufacturing. If numbers do not work for their greedy selves they layoff thousands, close plants and the like to make the books look good. Just like in the movie Braveheart we get scraps from Longshanks table while they bask in the the sunlight in there mansions, fancy cars and party on their yachts. Sound familiar. It should because we are all a part of the scam as usual.

• HU-169092959
    3 years ago

I have bought a Samsung washer/dryer in June 2020 and three months later in September 2020 the washer started actin up. I called, emailed and texted the customer service people and they agreed to refund me my money back. The last time I spoke to them was in December. Still to this date I’m still waiting for my refund. Who do I need to contact to get my money back?

• HU-169092959
    3 years ago

How can I post this on social media? Samsung SUCKS!

• Robin Bocock
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Samsung Front Load Washer; same issue as everyone else with these models, the 3arm (spider arm) disintegrate. I spent 3 days taking my washer apart, (after all day in the office) making sure to keep track of where evey thing went for putting back together. Last night, i removed the plastic shell from the washer drum and sure enough trashed; when i removed (screws, heads broke off) the arm fell apart in 2 pieces and several misc pieces floating around in that gunk. My only problem is, the flange broke off of the 3arm and is stuck in the motor housing, 2nd picture. I'm going to see if a neighbor w/more muscles then this 54yr woman :) can help remove it, without causing any motor damage. I'm starting to think i might be stuck buying a new front load washer, ugh.

• Mark
    2 years ago

omg.

• Laundry Mich
    2 years ago

@Robin Bocock, I would definitely get rid of that piece of junk if possible. I'm just curious, how old it was? I'm wondering if it was a early failure.

Word to the wise, wile Samsung may make a shiny cell phone, almost all of their products downright SUCK. I was one of the lucky ones with one of their flat screens, that I purchased in 2011. By Summer 2012, it would NO LONGER TURN ON. Endless calls to Samsung, left me nowhere, and only much later on, did I find out that -- they had manufactured close to a million TV's with Defective Boards. Even better, when the company figured it out, they kept their mouth shut, and charged consumers hundreds of dollars for repairs, for their design flaw. It wasn't until a few lawyers figured out their SCAM, that a class action lawsuit was formed.

In the end, I realized what kind of company they were, and what their standards were. Unfortunately, it looks like you ended up with a product from South Korea, that was never intended for long-term consumer use. I apologize greatly for what your dealing with.

My only suggestion is to AVOID LG & Samsung like the plague. And to consider brands like Electrolux, or Miele for it's replacement..

• dadoes
    2 years ago

The spider bolts are typically anchored with Loctite thread sealer and often break off due to that and the deterioration.

There's a bolt on the other end of the piece of the shaft remaining in the tub. Remove it and the piece should pull out from the inside. I did the spider replacement in Feb 2016 on a then-5yo Samsung that was given to my sister by her friends who destroyed it with overdosing of fabric softener, cold washes, and never running the tub clean cycle. The drum broke loose during spin and tore a gash in the front of the outer tub (the replacement parts were available, total parts was $259 at the time).

• Jen K (7b, 8a)
    2 years ago

I've had our front loader Samsung washer and dryer for 4.5 years. No problems. Had a Samsung counter depth french door refrigerator for 4 years no problems (don't have it anymore because we left it with the home that was sold). Personally I look at Amazon, brand, and store reviews to make my purchase decision.

• HU-72967188
    2 years ago

I think most people believe their Samsung Washer and Dryer are a product of South Korea but we looked closely and the washer is made in China and the Dryer Mexico. These are both so-called "high end" Steam Washer and Steam Dryer products, not cheapies. Not to trash anyone here but China has a very inconsistent product manufacturing reputation. Some stuff from China is good and others are not good at all and I suspect they are being contracted by "the world" to manufacture to spec and in some cases it is junk product. Mexico is likely the same. I am just guessing here but I fully suspect some Harvard, Columbia or Princeton MBA's have landed in Samsung reducing the product lifecycle to boost profits.

• HU-600177867
    2 years ago

I stupidly believed Consumer Reports ratings for my Samsung WA45H7000AW/A2 which it had as one of it's top rated top loaders. It is 5 years old and I started having balance issues as soon as the warranty was done. I called Samsung and they said they would send someone out to fix it but I had to pay a $195 Non-Refundable charge. A Kid came out who had no idea what he was doing and after messing with it for a half an hour he said he could not balance it. I called Samsung and they said they would not refund my money. Now it won't balance any load so we just go to the laundry mat most of the time. I think I figured out by searching on the internet what the problem is. The reduction rods and springs seem to wear out on these as well as on the LG washers. I can purchase OEM ones on Amazon for $59.99 and I've watched the numerous Utube videos that all kinds of different people and Appliance Repair people have posted and it appears to be fairly simple but i'm not very handy. I thought about spending a grand and getting a new LG which CR now rates all their washers tops, but then I remember they rated Samsungs tops. A repairman told me over the phone the top two brands they have many repair calls for are Samsung and LG. He said to buy a Kenmore or Whirlpool.

• gardgen
    2 years ago

Whirlpool duet on third gasket in 10 years. Its a $350 repair. Have just purchased stacking LG based on friends experience and on repairmaans recommendation for a cabin. could only purchase washers and dryers with wifi. can someone tell me why I want wifi? when will manufacturers listen to consumers that we want less and durability. I dont want steam in my washer and dryer. I want to choose water temperature, a prewash/soak and select my spin cycle so it doesnt harm my clothes. My GE dryer is more than 35 years old and it looks it but its never had a repair.

• Josef Yavuz U
    2 years ago

Hi guys. I started a petition for Samsung to fix defective machines at no cost to owners. Can you spare time and sign, please? http://chng.it/RZBDtSwG

• Alan Ford
    2 years ago

Dont buy Samsung product I did buy washer and drier.Washer brock down after 6 monts and its under waranty Two monts after i report to the company still waiting for washer to be replaced. I call costumer service but peoole who working there its useless don't waiste your time call them its noting going to happen you just will be upset. I m newer going to buy aniting with Samsung logo again.

• Tish Patricia Gardner
    2 years ago

I have been told there are certain dealers Like Yale Appliance in Boston who is able to get action from them. not home depot Lowes or Best Buy

• rjjones4314
    2 years ago

Well, cant dispute the ownership experiences above. They are what they are. This said, i have had my Samsung washer and dryer for 12 years and never a service service call. Have performed flawlessly.

• Dave Barker
    2 years ago

After ~5 years Samsung dryer DV50K8600EV developed a squeak. It has had a vibration for a while, but not enough to explore a fix. Used YouTube videos to figure out disassembly and discovered two issues. First was the idler pulley sleeve bearing was worn and pully was difficult to turn. Would have failed soon. Then, as suggested by videos, I checked the drum rollers and found the back right also exhibited phonographic grooves on the sleeve bearing. Got a replacement kit on Amazon for ~$35 that included all four rollers, the idler pulley assembly (with ball bearings vs. sleeve) and a belt. Seems to be working fine now, but since the replacement rollers are still sleeve bearings with no real lubrication, I suspect I will be inside it again in 5 years. The vibration came from the heater element housing that is fitted to the back frame with bent metal tabs that relax over time. All in all, cheap design, in my opinion. Don't know if the CR top-rated LG washers and dryers are any better - wouldn't be able to tell until you get inside.

• dadoes
    2 years ago

Beware that parts on Amazon may be substitutes from non-OEM fabricators and quality can be hit/miss ... some equivalent or better than OEM, some worse.

• HU-805110206
    2 years ago

Imagine this , one year ago your excited because I could finally purchase a new washer and dryer after living in our house for 20years. Within 7mths your Samsung new dryer stops working, you contact Samsung speak to a great customer service employee who sends out a tech to fix it…Awesome, Imaging 2mths later, your brand new Samsung dryer stops working again, you contact Samsung, speak to a great employees again, who sends out a tech to fix it, awesome. Imaging this your brand new dryer that you purchased no less than a year ago is smoking almost setting your house on fire, you all Samsung, speak to an awesome customer service rep who calms your fears and send out a tech who fixes the problems. Question how would you feel about Samsung at this point. Ok no worries. 3 technicians for your new appliances within 1 year.

Imagine this within a year of purchasing your new appliances, you have had 3 tech’s come out to your home for your Samsung dryer and now within the same year your brand new washer just stops working. Here’s the good part as of right now I have been on a call with a Samsung representative for 1:47min, and I’m a confused Samsung customer. I was also dryer told even though both appliances were purchased together, delivered together on the same day….the Samsung representative advised the Samsung dryer could not be added due to Samsung extended warranty due , John stated based on the Samsung warranty expired on Aug 30th of this year, even though both were purchased and delivered on the same day, how is it that the warranty for the dryer expired in Aug of this year and the washer expired in September

Not once when within a year when my brand new dryer stopped working did I ask for a new one, looking back in hindsight I should have that would have save me 2 additional tech visits. Fast forward to today, the representative I’m speaking with John for almost 2hrs, to leave the call in tears, I am so confused, frustrated and disappointed. I was told even thought I purchased both appliances at the same time I can only purchase an extended warranty on the washer not the dryer. Is it because I’ve already had 3 service calls for the dryer, that is my thought. As of now I have been on the call with John a Samsung representative for 2hrs, I asked John if he could please send me a copy of what we discussed from my acct notes, John stated he cannot send me a copy of my account notes, due to at this point I do not trust John or Samsung as a company, I am so sorry I every purchased any Samsung products before now I trusted Samsung as a leader within the appliance industry, however after the tears, frustration, and disappointment. I would appreciate it if someone would review the call from 09/27 which ended @, after 2 hours, John offered to send me the same ticket number over an over aging after I asked for a copy of my account notes….I will also send a copy of this email to the Better business bureau.

I now have 3 days until my warranty runs out, I wanted to purchase the extended warranty to do my history with Samsung products, however I was I could not. I would appreciate a call back before September 30thto know if Samsung can offer this customer any additional options.

• HU-805110206
    2 years ago

Imagine this , one year ago your excited because I could finally purchase a new washer and dryer after living in our house for 20years. Within 7mths your Samsung new dryer stops working, you contact Samsung speak to a great customer service employee who sends out a tech to fix it…Awesome, Imaging 2mths later, your brand new Samsung dryer stops working again, you contact Samsung, speak to a great employees again, who sends out a tech to fix it, awesome. Imaging this your brand new dryer that you purchased no less than a year ago is smoking almost setting your house on fire, you all Samsung, speak to an awesome customer service rep who calms your fears and send out a tech who fixes the problems. Question how would you feel about Samsung at this point. Ok no worries. 3 technicians for your new appliances within 1 year.

Imagine this within a year of purchasing your new appliances, you have had 3 tech’s come out to your home for your Samsung dryer and now within the same year your brand new washer just stops working. Here’s the good part as of right now I have been on a call with a Samsung representative for 1:47min, and I’m a confused Samsung customer. I was also dryer told even though both appliances were purchased together, delivered together on the same day….the Samsung representative advised the Samsung dryer could not be added due to Samsung extended warranty due , John stated based on the Samsung warranty expired on Aug 30th of this year, even though both were purchased and delivered on the same day, how is it that the warranty for the dryer expired in Aug of this year and the washer expired in September

Not once when within a year when my brand new dryer stopped working did I ask for a new one, looking back in hindsight I should have that would have save me 2 additional tech visits. Fast forward to today, the representative I’m speaking with John for almost 2hrs, to leave the call in tears, I am so confused, frustrated and disappointed. I was told even thought I purchased both appliances at the same time I can only purchase an extended warranty on the washer not the dryer. Is it because I’ve already had 3 service calls for the dryer, that is my thought. As of now I have been on the call with John a Samsung representative for 2hrs, I asked John if he could please send me a copy of what we discussed from my acct notes, John stated he cannot send me a copy of my account notes, due to at this point I do not trust John or Samsung as a company, I am so sorry I every purchased any Samsung products before now I trusted Samsung as a leader within the appliance industry, however after the tears, frustration, and disappointment. I would appreciate it if someone would review the call from 09/27 which ended @, after 2 hours, John offered to send me the same ticket number over an over aging after I asked for a copy of my account notes….I will also send a copy of this email to the Better business bureau.

I now have 3 days until my warranty runs out, I wanted to purchase the extended warranty to do my history with Samsung products, however I was I could not. I would appreciate a call back before September 30thto know if Samsung can offer this customer any additional options.

• HU-805110206
    2 years ago

DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG PRODUCTS...THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU...THE CUSTOMER

• HU-805110206
    2 years ago

WAIST OF MONEY AND TIME SAMSUNG MANUFATURE IS A JOKE

• Tom Page
    2 years ago

Samsung washers are garbage. problems on 2 year old unit. no help from samsung. Will never buy another Samsung product again

• Lynn Winkelman
    2 years ago

mine lasted for less than 5 years.

• Maureen Mcvay
    2 years ago

Bought brand new fromt.load Samsung washer within 3 weeks it is shaking violently! Called 4 times to be brushed off by the "very nice" phone operator finally get someone out here to look at it, unrepairable . "They will send you another" NOPE they are not in stoke. Get call today that I can get a Samsung credit NO EFFIMG TY, they will refund the money ( no tax or set up delivery refund?) The counter weights EXPLODED!

#SAMSUNG SUCKS

• susanlynn2012
    2 years ago

Thank you everyone for sharing so I know not to buy Samsung either. I have had problems with LG.

• D
    2 years ago

Samsung top loading washer is garbage. Clothes NEVER smell clean because the washer does not allow enough water per load to even wet down all the clothing. I’ve watched an entire wash cycle through the glass lid that left one leg of my sweat pants completely dry. And I don’t care what the industry tells us - high efficiency washers that barely get clothing wet don’t have a chance in Hades of actually getting it CLEAN. And the industry’s answer is to sell us a myriad of ”smell-fresh” products to cover up the unpleasant fact that our clothing is still dirty. Laundry that is ACTUALLY CLEAN smells CLEAN. Period. I have tried every single setting on the machine in an attempt to get enough water to wash the clothes - not happening. So now - since the washer decides how much water I’m allowed based on the weight of the items - I do the ”Little House on the Prairie” routine to do laundry. (1.) Place items in the washer. (2.) Take my trusty 2-gallon utility bucket - that I keep for just this auspicious occasion - to the sink and fill it with water. (3.) Lug the 2 gallons of water back to the washer and pour it over the clothing so that the roughly 17 lbs. of extra water-weight will now warrant permission from this blankety-blank piece of crap to dispense enough water to wash the flipping clothes. In addition to clothing not getting wet, I can get over adding fabric softener to the load. The stupid machine wads everything into one big, tangled, unbalanced ball and then re-fills the tub OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER in an attempt to re-balance the load. And it will continue to do this until you notice the problem and untangle the giant ball of clothing manually. Washing anything with sleeves or legs is a nightmare. This washer NEVER manages to pull this off without tangling everything together and stretching things out of shape. I’ve had sleep pants emerge from this mess twice as long as when they went into the wash. And the fabric softener is long gone at this point. BUT PLEASE NOTE: this is proudly marketed as a HIGH EFFICIENCY machine. Never mind that it’s now used 84 gallons of water to wash 2 pairs of pajamas and some underwear. And to sweeten my attitude as I write this review, my insanely expensive Samsung refrigerator (in which we’ve turned off the ice-maker that sprays water all over creation and then freezes it into a big ridiculous iceberg) is making a loud, annoying, expensive-sounding racket (sounds like a jet enging preparing for take-off) every time the compressor comes on. The group of engineers responsible for these $$$$ abominations should probably thank their lucky stars that we don’t know where they live…

• HU-61361893
    2 years ago

He's right! I wish I did my research b4 i purchased this Samung dyer The c/s is horrible such a disconnect with the language barrier. Samsung contracts with A&E Service they have 1.2 🌟 ratings and they also contract w/NISI don't know the rating for them. A&E came out said my dryer socket wasn't working and to call an electrician when thas fixed he would come back, did that electrician says it's nothing wrong with socket. Tried calling AE back know they want a service fee, no thank you. Samsung products are worthless. Maytag or Kenmore for me.

• dadoes
    2 years ago

Whirlpool has owned Maytag since 2006. Sears doesn't have facilties to manufacture anything. Kenmore appliances are sourced from the various manufacturers, relabeled as Kenmore-brand. The first three digits (xxx.xxxxxxxx) of full Kenmore model numbers from the tags on the appliances, not truncated stock or online/catalog numbers, are a code for the source-maker.

• Lisa Fryer
    2 years ago

I agree with D. I don't even see water in the wash cycle through the lid with a normal wash. Pants come out with "stripes" of wetness. Washed on deep fill setting. That only fills tub halfway. I may end up pouring more water in from a bucket.

• dadoes
    2 years ago

@Lisa Fryer

Does the drum of your machine rotate during fill to douse all the items, or does it remain stationary? If it rotates, wondering why the fabric of your pants would absorb water in stripes, presumably leaving other stripes of dryness. Perhaps the dry-looking vs. wet-looking areas are related to the spin extracting more water or subjecting some areas to air currents that promote drying?

Have you paused the cycle after the wash period gets going to check what's the fill level that you don't see below the clothes?

Perhaps try directing the drain hose into a 5-gal bucket (although that may not be large enough) or a larger container such as a trash can to see how much water drains out after the wash period?

• littlegreeny
    2 years ago

Areas of dryness after the cycle is complete are from the high speed extraction.

• D
    2 years ago

RE: Samsung Top-Loading Washer. The tub does rotate to fill the machine, but the water sprays around the edges, not toward the middle. I watched the entire cycle by shining a flashlight through the glass top. Water sprayed around the edges until the predestined amount was achieved. The pair of sweat pants in the middle floated, but never - throughout the entirety of the cycle - did the leg EVER submerge in the water. The gentle side-to-side swishing did, however, manage someway or another to tangle the sleeves and legs that WERE submerged to the point that it knotted them and threw the load off-balance. I’ve been doing laundry for quite a few decades now. My parents purchased a washer/dryer when i was about 4 years old and those appliances managed to wash clothes that looked and smelled clean and better yet - they did it for close to 40 years. I learned to do laundry with those appliances. My mother taught me how to place items in the machine to make sure the load was balanced and then choose the appropriate water level, temperature, and wash cycle. We didn’t struggle with unbalanced loads or tangled clothing. You set the machine, started the cycle, and walked away. When you came back, the load was done and ready for the dryer. I find it insulting that the companies engineering products now assume that I’m too freaking stupid to make my own decisions about the appropriate settings for something as simple as washing a load of laundry. I’m not so stupid as to stick my arm into a moving spin cycle and I actually parented my children to the point they knew that I would not allow them to climb into the appliances and/or drink bleach or eat detergent pods (so no need to lock the freaking lid of the washing machine). I managed to raise my children without child-proofing my house and treating cleaning products like we were housing plutonium. I taught them how to do age-appropriate chores and safely use household appliances. Fast-forward to now … Instead of cultivating an educated, self-reliant, intelligent society, we’re engineering with an attempt to make everything idiot-proof, consequently producing generations of idiots that can’t make reasonable decisions about their everyday existence. Good grief. And quite frankly I’m sick to death of hearing how environmentally friendly a company is that produces and “energy efficient” appliance that will need to be replaced every 8 years or so - the technology has existed since my childhood to produce a product that will last 20+ years. How environmentally sound is it to save a few gallons of water, yet send THREE machines to the landfill during the same time-frame that we used to send only ONE worn-out machine?!?! There is a serious disconnect with common sense going on here - I’m sick of things engineered for the lazy and the stupid. That washing machine sitting in my laundry room has delivered to me a resounding message from Samsung - and the message is … “We think you’re a blithering idiot who’s too stupid to operate a washing machine, so we’re taking the ability to make ANY decisions away from you.” We have computers in kindergarten classrooms, but society thinks adults are too stupid to learn to use a washing machine …

• ana1271
    last year

I purchased a Samsung washer and dryer in 2017 from Home Depot and have been having problems with the dryer 7 months in. I’ve had several techs come In and repair it over and over. New drum, new rollers etc . Now washer has rust from the bleach. They are not worth the $$ spent to buy them, I wish I knew this then.

• Emily Dearman
    8 months ago

Samsung new washer and dryer from Home Depot arrived at 10:45 am yesterday at approx 4pm same day the Dryer Model: DVG52A5500V Made a very loud Bang sound while checking the cloths to see if baby blanket was dry still damp tried to start dryer and it will not start at all . Good Times ! thanks Samsung . Home Depot more than likely will be picking this up early AM

• dadoes
    8 months ago

Possibly a problem with the belt. It either broke or slipped off the pulleys, with the bang noise being the spring-tensioned idler pulley falling loose without the belt holding it. It powers on but won't otherwise run? There's probably is a safety switch on the idler pulley that prevents the motor from running without the belt in proper order.

• enduring
    8 months ago

Dadoes, I so appreciate all you contribute to these forums

• dadoes
    8 months ago

Turning a dryer drum by hand in the wrong direction can sometimes cause the belt to slip off the pulleys. I'm wondering if that may be the case in Emily Dearman's situation.

I recall a story from a servicer who had a customer with repeated complaints of her dryer not working, finding the belt had come off the pulleys each time and nothing wrong to account for it. He eventually discovered the customer was turning the (deep) drum by hand, in the wrong direction, to flip the clothes to the front when unloading. Problem solved.

• HU-225517609
    3 months ago

Control panel on my 2014 Samsung dryer is not working. Called Samsung parts who said the part is no longer available. I'll never buy a Samsung again.

• ken c
    3 months ago

9 years is two years longer than I got out of a speed queen front loader, $1200 control panel died.