Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathielo

lg waveforce vs. ge profile harmony

kathielo
12 years ago

The thread on the LG Waveforce Washer review has reached capacity so I am posting here if anyone wants to continue. I read through the posting from top to bottom and found mentioned in several places that the LG waveforce and the GE harmony are the same machine. Most everyone posted their love for their LG. I looked at a GE harmony today ( first look for a new machine). I really liked what I saw and have had luck with GE in the past. I would like to hear other comments about the GE. I only saw one review on a Sears website and it was not at all positive. In fact, the poster says "do not buy this machine" But his complaints I think were user errors. You LG users figured out how to use your machines and the problems this poster mentioned (low water levels, dry clothes).

Should I reconsider the GE Harmony? I am replacing a 10 yr old Fisher Paykel. The washer is not working at all, I think it is a electronic board problem ( third time). This dryer also balls up my sheets which I really hate. I was told it is because the drum is spinning too slowly (or was it too fast, I can't remember)but I never did find anything to correct it.so I think it is time to replace both.

Anyone who can offer some insight on the GE harmony, I would appreciate it. If it is the same as the LG why should I be concerned? Thanks.

Comments (4)

• berryfarm
    12 years ago

Please read my response to a post today titled "Washer and dryer recommendations". Do not get the LG. It worked great for 10 months, then it completely broke due to a bolt that was not tightened properly from the factory - two technicians told me this. We had no user errors while using our LG washer - we have a Miele DW, Dacor ovens and cooktop and a Liebherr refrig - we know how to use appliances.

LG customer service should be renamed. There is no service to the customer at all.

Before purchasing, my husband also read good reviews on this machine. We got a lemon, and LG will not man up and take care of their customer. If there is a local, independently owned appliance store near you, I would suggest taking a trip there and at least seeing what they have. We were lured in by a sale at a big box and the rest is history.

• kathielo
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks berryfarm...I plan to continue shopping today. I did read a few other LG owners had experienced the same problem as you. we also have a Miele DW which I love. When we remodeled our kitchen we bought a Miele double oven, a steam oven and a coffee maker. I have been very disappointed with my oven. I have had the techs out at least 5 times and they say the oven is working properly. But I doesn't work the way my old gas ovens worked (it is elec....first mistake). Anyway I will not buy anything else that is European, they are all usually too small for my American taste!! I am replacing a Fisher Paykle W/D which is made in new Zealand. So that is why I was interested in the GE Harmony.

• bookert
    12 years ago

Kathieo,

I have the older version of the GE Harmony. It is virtually the same, but the new versions use less water for energy factor ratings.
    I bought the low end model of the LG Waveforce during the Thanksgiving holiday. Didn't work correctly from day one!
    Numerous issues.
    I chose to lick my wounds and take it back. HD agreed, but they ideally had wanted me to make a service call first. NO WAY was I going to get into that game!
    BTW,I bought the new LG because I love the GE Harmony so much.
    I don't have the heating option or glass lid.

Note: Read the energy star ratings on the card at the store (Lowes) you will see the GE is Tier 11 which means it will use more water (maybe in certain cycles) than the LG Waveforce Tier 111.
    If I had the funds, I'd buy the GE Harmony for sure.

Hope this helps.

• Nunyabiz1
    12 years ago

I don't know anything about the GE so can not make an informed opinion about it one way or another, but since so far I do not think we have gotten a lemon I would recommend the LG.

We have only had ours about 4 months or so, but so far they have been outstanding in every way.
    We used to spend about 8-10 hours a week doing laundry, now we spend about 3-4 hours.
    Clothes come out very clean and use mostly cold water except for whites.
    You can add water if you feel the need, we never have so far, it always seems to use just the right amount of water.
    If you use bulky bedding it basically fills up the tub with water.
    I don't have a single complaint about either the washer or dryer.

Regardless what brand you end up with you always have a chance of getting a lemon plain and simple.
    The vast majority of reviews I see for the LG are very positive.