Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mudroom sink suggestions: Composite?

Posted by bellacucina (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 21, 11 at 19:59

Would love sink suggestions for a 36" base cabinet in the mudroom, where we are going to reuse granite from our old island (verde butterfly -- it's dark greenish w/some gold and berry flecks) . Would like the sink to be about 28-30 inches wide and around 10" deep. I'm thinking undermount. It will replace a standard laundry tub.

The fabricator suggested that we go with a composite sink rather than SS due to scratching of the SS. The mudroom sink will be used for general utility and buckets for cleaning off our dog's (Bella's) paws. Any brands I should look at?

Basically I would love something that will hold up to muck and still look good when we clean it.

Thank you!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mudroom sink suggestions: Composite?

Blanco Silgranit all the way.

o

Thank you sshrivastava. I was thinking silgranit...not sure what other composites are out there, but I know silgranit is popular.

Would sand,dirt and other gritty materials scratch silgranit the way it could with SS?

o

If price is no object silgranit is nice. If price is a concern, but scratches allowed, Ticor offers single deep bowl retangular sinks for under $150 -- I found mine on Overstock.com. However, it does scratch, but cleans up well. In the corner in the LR I'm ok with it.

Your LR sounds like it will be great! Enjoy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here