Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
puppymamma_gw

help me!!!!!

puppymamma
13 years ago

OK guys - I am looking for a new washer dryer and my head is spinning with all of the reviews out there.

Here is my wish list:

Front loaders

super energy efficient

washer wrings the heck out of clothes

short as possible washer and dryer cycles

I can maybe do a gas dryer but i think i will likely go electric.

I want to be as kind to the planet as I can here!

They don't have to be pretty or cheap, I am willing to spend some money to get quality.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Comments (6)

• georgect
    13 years ago

Miele = quality (so I hear).

Electrolux = shortest possible wash/dry times.

• gates1
    13 years ago

Miele is going to be the best all around washer you can get. It uses the internal heater in the most cycles of any washer out there and the qulaity is second to none. Its gonna cost you two grand to get too. LG, Samsung, and Electrolux models come in next with customer satisation. As far as HE top loaders, Whirlpool/Maytag and LG come in with these models, GE has one out but it is my by LG.

• totsuka
    13 years ago

I uses a WP Duet, f/l, 6 years old, came with our house when we bought it. I put the clothes on a clothes line to dry and maybe toss into f/l wp dryer to "knock out the stiffness" sometimes, 3 - 5 minutes in the dryer. I'm trying to teach my kids to be thrifty by not using a dryer.

My Duet spins most of the water out, 1200 rpm.

I do like the new Maytag top load machines that are suppose to use 20 gallons of water vs 14 gallons for f/l machines. They can go up to 5.0 size, which is pretty darn large.

The HE soap is recommended for the f/l machines and new t/l machines. I have been using Tide HE since I caught it on sale. Before that I used Arm and Hammer liquid non h/e from Walmart.

I won't buy the next machine with all the options like steam. Of course, pay for the extended warranty which is only about 89 dollars at Home Depot or Lowes. Well worth the cost.

• whistle_gw
    13 years ago

I just got a Samsung 520. All the bells and whistles. I can tell you it does wring the heck out of the clothes at the Xhigh spin. I've only had it a week and so far I am pleased. The only disappointment is that the internal heater works only on one cycle (sanitize) and that takes almost two hours!

Good luck with you search. I have found this forum to be so helpful.
    Whistle

• larsi_gw
    13 years ago

Besides from using the Energy Star rated "Normal" Cycle, the Miele will utlizie the Internal Water heater and keep a consistent water temperature for the duration of the wash cycle. Most wash cycles average 1 hour. Express is 30 minutes...which as long as your clothes are not stained or filthy, it works really well.

I have tried Samsung and Electrolux in the past 2 years, and I was VERY disappointed in quality and performance. I have 9 Miele appliances currently...and I LOVE every one of them. Also had Miele in the last 3 homes I owned, over the last almost 20 years. My family in Germany & Sweden have Miele, and a lot of their Mieles are over 15-20 years old and are going strong with NO or only minor repairs. Miele is pure quality, and NOT $$$, if you consider how long they last!!

• ideagirl2
    13 years ago

What about Bosch? Any thoughts on those, folks?