Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me choose! (2002 Kenmore Eco vs 2005 Maytag)

Posted by oleskoo (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 31, 11 at 19:54

Which set would you keep?

Have mercy on someone who doesn't know anything about appliances and needs to decide which of the following set of washer/dryers to keep. And sell the other one.

First - I currently own a 2002-ish Kenmore stacked Eco Cycle front-loading washer/dryer combo. I am not sure of the model, but it looks like this:

thanks

Second: a 2005 Maytag top-loading washer (model unknown) and front-loading gas dryer (model = MDG2600BWW) that look like this:

thanks

Which set would you keep? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me choose! (2002 Kenmore Eco vs 2005 Maytag)

I would keep the one you like the best. They are old enough that you probably won't get much money for either one.

o

I would keep the maytag set and move the Kenmore to a new home. The Kenmore's have about reached the bearing life expectancy and is usually fatal for the machine. The Maytag set appear to be one of the last models that are truly Maytag constructed. They will last you a long time and can be repaired a lot easier than the Kenmore.

JMO.

MRB

o

Thanks very much.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here