Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pull-out work surface and pedestal for stacking WD?

Posted by yebo (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 15, 12 at 19:08

I have run across these items on AJMadison, etc., and they seem very useful (stacking WD will be in a hallway where no surface it) but very expensive.
1) There's a posting here from handymanhusband about making a pullout work surface; he says he'll send photos but there is no email address. Any links to such a project?
2. Asko has a "hidden helper" pullout laundry drawer; looks very useful - costs $500 and isn't on eBay. Experience with it?
3. Pedestal - is it really useful? Can you use one brand's pedestal for another brand's WD?
Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pull-out work surface and pedestal for stacking WD?

Pedestal is likely to make the stacked washer/dryer too high (depending on how tall you are, you may have a problem reaching the dryer controls and getting to the back of the drum). Also not sure how stable a stacked washer and dryer would be on a pedestal.

o
RE: Pull-out work surface and pedestal for stacking WD?

I got a wall mounted pull down small sized ironing board for a work surface. It is easy to fold up and works great. it is smaller than full sized. I don't iron, but use it to pretreat etc. About $30 and on line site to store with walmart, I think.

Have pedestals, not happy with the noise they amplify from the front load washer. Had to spend $40 on rubber anti vibration feet at HD to help with the noise. They don't hold the size detergent etc I use, unless I lay the detergent sizeways which would be messy.
Never done stacking machines- CAN'T help you there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here