Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GE GFWH1400DWW washing machine- any experience?

Posted by illinigirl (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 13, 14 at 18:20

I am looking for a stackable but full sized second washer/dryer for our new house. Since it's a second set it is going in a closet not in a full sized laundry room....so it has to be stackable, however there is room for a full size stackable set. The appliance store where we are getting all our other appliances suggested the set I mentioned above in the subject. I've never had a GE w/d before. I've had the Kenmore HE3t and now the Whirlpool duet. My only requirement cycle wise is the sanitary cycle (therefore internal water heater) and a good capacity. My main washer is 4.3 cubic feet and this GE set has 4.1 cubic feet.

any thoughts on this washing machine please?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GE GFWH1400DWW washing machine- any experience?

Whatever you choose, make sure it isn't a Whirlpool Cabrio.

We purchased one and replaced it with a less expensive model that didn't have a water saver feature.

I don't understand why manufacturers make washers with water saving features.
Isn't the purpose to clean your clothes?

When I ran my new washer for the first time, I watched through the clear lid as it SPRAYED water onto the clothes.

The tub never filled past the halfway line and it never fully saturated the clothes.
The spin cycle threw them so tightly against the side of the washer that I had to peel them off the side. The mudstains on my slacks were still there.

They were more wrinkled than before I washed them.

I have since read reviews that mirror my experience. You might want to check out some of these BEFORE you throw $800.00 down the toilet.

I didn't have the heart to try and push it on someone else so I ordered another machine and let them take the new one away. Whirlpool wouldn't give me my money back. No more business for Whirlpool from me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here