Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hot and Cold hoses reversed on Miele? URGENT

Posted by covingtoncat (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 30, 11 at 17:26

Hi,

After trying to run a No Heat Cycle, I noticed glass felt warm to touch. I immediately stopped the cycle and drained the water and sure enough, water was hot.

Hoses are hooked up to the correct faucets, but it they are reversed where they come out of the back of the washer according to the owners manual.

How do I switch these? I can not tell how they fit into the back of the unit. Can I do it myself or do I need to have the installers come back out?

No wonder I was having wrinkle problems! TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hot and Cold hoses reversed on Miele? URGENT

Do you have the original grey(hot) and white (cold) hoses?

If so they are attached at the back but with a plastic nut, someone with a good grip should try and unscrew them and switch.

If you have to use pliers then be careful not to crack the plastic.

I just checked on my washer and during rinses it uses only cold water.

o
RE: Hot and Cold hoses reversed on Miele? URGENT

Thanks, Mihai!

You were right in your earlier post when you suggested they were reversed! I do have the original hoses, and the "professional" installers did not do the job correctly. They were right at the hookups, but reversed where attached to the washer.

I've returned them now to the correct order and was able to get a cold water fill. Hopefully this will help with the "wrinkle" problem, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here