Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jayetea

Any Front Loaders with "add water" feature?

jayetea
11 years ago

First post on the site but I've done a lot of reading.

I need to buy a new washer and dryer and am inclined to go with a front loader. I'd like one with an internal heater and a capacity of 3.5 or larger. Ideally I'd find one with an "add water" feature since I cloth diaper but I think LGs are the only ones with that function and I've been warned away from them.

In the past I've had a Bosch Axxis and currently use a Fridgidaire Affinity. I didn't love either one of these.

Any suggestions would be very welcome!

Comments (6)

• jayetea
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks CJ! I'll check the Electrolux out.

• lascatx
    11 years ago

Why have you been warned away from LG? I have been using a pair for years now and love them.

• dave1812
    11 years ago

I slightly modified the fill amount in my Samsung. Using trial and error, I adjusted the pressure switch under the top cover (two phillips screws to remove that) about a turn and a 1/4 clockwise, IIRC. I only wanted a little extra water--not too much, or the clothes won't "lift" while being agitated and they won't get clean. Too much water in a FL is not a good idea, but my Sammy came from the factory with so little water in each wash that it was needing a tweak.

Because my washer uses a little more water now, i no longer need to run the Pure Cycle to clean the drum every couple of weeks. Its always clean smelling and I havent run that cycle in so long I can't even remember when I ran it--I guess more than 6 months.

• jayetea
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for this tip on the Samsung.

As for the LG, the warnings had to do with their customer service (or lack of!).

• lee676
    11 years ago

Many washers can be modified in this way. I've done it to two of mine.

One recent Whirlpool-built Kenmore FL I've used uses different amounts of water in the wash cycle depending on cycle chosen. If you choose the "hand wash" cycle it fills right up to the door opening, after which you can press cancel and change to another cycle ("hand wash" barely rotates the tub).