Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need the largest capacity stackable washer and dryer

Posted by mrmichaeljmoore (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 1, 10 at 16:50

I am looking for the largest stackable washer and dryer....
by largest, I mean largest washing and drying capacity....

any suggestions?

thnaks.
mm

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need the largest capacity stackable washer and dryer

Electrolux has the largest capacity available at 4.7 cu. ft. They also offer the fastest wash and dry times, are one of the quietest on the market, and are stackable. :-)

o

Given your only specification, it's Electrolux. The dryer capacity is the largest consumer size I know of at 8 cf.

o

The new Bosch Vision W/D set is stackable and pretty darn big, and Speed Queen makes a pre-joined stacked washer+dryer combo which is also not small, although both of these are still probably smaller than the Electrolux in absolute volumes.

Remember though, larger is not always better unless you have a very specific large item in mind that *must* fit in the new washer, without exception. Otherwise, consider build quality, brand reputation and local service availability before you leap to the one with the biggest stats.

o

We have the Samsung 448 W&D. It's the next size down to the Electrolux which is the largest. We have them stacked. They are GREAT!

o

LG and Whirlpool have stackable models that are close to the Electrolux -- they would be worth looking at too.

o

I just recently got an LG washer dryer combo 3.6 CF.. It is not the stackable model but it works great! I used to have a Whirlpool Duet before this, it was a tiny unit, but fit my needs at the time.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stackable Washer Dryer Reviews

o

Hasn't Bosch discontinued the Vision line? I heard that they were getting out of the 27" washer lines.

o

Up here in Canada, we just bought the LG WM3550 washer and dryer, they're stackable with a kit. The washer is 5.0 and the dryer is 7.3 cubic foot. (These seem to be different sizes in the US)

hth

o

Have any of you had issues with the Electrolux?

o

Rae74, if you do a search you'll find some input about these machines. The people who have them like them.

Cj

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here