Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stbonner_gw

Persil - how much does it really cost per load?

stbonner
13 years ago

Okay, the recent post about Persil got me wondering how much this stuff was really costing me. My box says "45 loads" but there is no indication on the box what dosage they base this on - so I couldn't figure out how much it was costing me to use my regular 3 tablespoon dose. My very unscientific method for figuring out Persil cost per unit is as follows:

The box weighs 3.038 kg - which translates to 6 lbs, 11 oz. - so 107 oz. for the box

One flat tablespoon of Persil weighs 1/2 oz., according to my kitchen scale.

107 oz. of Persil should equal to 214 tablespoons.

With my current dosing of 3 tablespoons per load I should get 71 washes out of a box.

So, there it is (for what it is worth) my very rudimentary cost analysis of Persil.

I hope this may be of help to those of you that are using Persil or may be considering it.

I paid $49.99 plus tax for my current box of Persil ($53.75 total), so I'm currently paying about 76 cents per wash load. Pricey, but I think it is worth it for whites. I'm not sure that the Color Megapearls is that much better than other detergents for colors so I'm not sure if I'm going to continue with it or not.

Comments (4)