Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need some technical help Whirlpool vs. Maytag

Posted by doral (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 23, 13 at 15:09

If somebody has access to more in depth information, could you please tell me the difference between the Whirlpool Cabrio WTW5640XW3 and the Maytag Bravos MVWX500XW. From everything I can figure out - they are the same machine with the same parts but different labels. However, when I go to all the ratings, the Maytag is rated much higher than the Whirlpool 5640 (which is the Lowes version of the 5600 ,except you also get a timer on the machine.

What am I missing?? Both 3.6 machines and the part list looks the same to me.

Does the Maytag have more sound insulation or something?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need some technical help Whirlpool vs. Maytag

Whirlpool owns Maytag so my guess is that the internal and external parts are the same. Seems as if the Whirlpool simply has a few more bells and whistles.

I have not heard good things about either model. Both were on sale at HHGregg at Christmas. 1000 bucks for washer and dryer.We asked around repair shops. They laughed and said buy em because we like the business.

We passed. Call repair shops. If they are nice they will tell you the truth.

o

GregRod:

Did you get any recommendations for which dryers would be reliable?

I am shopping for a new dryer and totally at a loss as to what to buy.

Thanks!

o

Hey Janice63..

To be honest, we knew that when we found the right washer we would simply opt for the matching dryer. We did not put much thought into it.

We got the WA456 washer from Samsung, the dryer is the DV456.

It's a very good dryer. It has humidity sensing. If you set the dryer for normal at 1hr but it senses the load is almost dry 15 mins after you turn it on it will automatically adjust the finish time. Saves a lot of electricity.

Take a look on Samsung's website.

o

Thanks, GregRod, I will.

Janice

o

The Samsung with the touch screen is snazzy but very expensive.

I wonder how reliable a touch screen would be with all the electronics?

This post was edited by Janice63 on Thu, Jan 24, 13 at 23:02

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here