Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
otherchuck

Hanging drippy heavy towels over utility sink?

otherchuck
12 years ago

Greetings,

I have a utility sink in my laundry room, and I routinely have large soaking wet towels that I want to allow to drip into the sink as they dry. These towels are generally former-bath towels which have now been relegated to all manner of nasty clean up jobs, and I can't just chuck them in the utilty laundry basket because they would mildew. We are redesigning our laundry sink space at present, and one thing I was thinking off was a drying rack/bar that attaches to the wall on one end, in a hinged fashion, and it would stay out of the way...off to the side of the mirror above the sink... when not in use, and then I could swing it over the sink when I wanted to hang a wet towel on it. The obvious problem is that the bar would have to be something like at least 18" long, and hanging a heavy towel on such a bar that was attached via a hinge to the wall on one side would put a ton of strain on it. But, maybe there is some heavy duty, industrial-strength version of this hinged-bar paradigm that might work.

An alternative paradigm would be to affix some kind of rack to he ceiling above the sink, and then hang some chains+hooks down from that, and hang the drippy towels over these hooks...sort of like sides of beef hanging in a butchers warehouse.

Does anyone have any ideas along these lines? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Otherchuck

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living