Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Maytag Bravos - how full can I fill?

Posted by fiveunderfive (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 1, 11 at 14:30

Just got my new 5.0cu ft top loader (in crimson red!!). The instructions say not to overload the machine, and to loosely fill/fluff clothes in the basket. I did that, but I took the clothes directly from the laundry shoot, and not my sorter, so it was hard to tell if it was more than I would have gotten in my old machine. After the machine filled up (which took FOREVER by the way...what's up with the few sprinkles of water, spin, spin, few sprinkles of water, spin, spin), the clothes compressed down to just less than half of the basket. Does that mean I could have put more in to begin with, or should I leave it so it is just filled to the top of the basket when loosely tossed in?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Maytag Bravos - how full can I fill?

The machine did what it's designed to do. sounds like you initially followed loading guidelines faily well. Clothes compact down half way..does not give you license to add more, unlesss you want to overstuff the machine and suject laundry to damage and also extremely poor cleaning. Leave as is.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here