Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Dryer - exhaust vent question

Posted by vgkg (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 27, 11 at 14:18

Hi there,

I'm looking at the new front loader washers and dryers at Lowes and the guy there told and showed me that some of the dryer models have a punchout on the side for the exhaust vent if the standard rear vent isn't desired. He couldn't tell me if it was difficult to change the interior vent configuration to the side. Has anyone had experience in changing a rear vent into a side vent? I assume it's not too difficult but would like to have more info before committing to a purchase.

Many thanks for any info.
vgkg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Dryer - exhaust vent question

What specific brand/model is involved? Difficult to answer accurately without knowing the details.

Typically the dryer must be disassembled (rear or front panel) for access to change the internal 4" straight exhaust duct to the rear for a duct turned 90-degrees to the side.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here