Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Samsung 520 ?

Posted by whistle (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 25, 11 at 14:16

I have purchased the Samsung 520 washer/dryer and it should be delivered tomorrow. I downloaded the washer manual and have read through it. My question, is it necessary to run it without clothes the first time? I cannot find this addressed anywhere in the guide. I seem to remember that I did this with a new washer years ago and I'm sure it certainly won't hurt to do so. This is not my first front loader and I understand about leaving the door open and wiping the gasket. Are there any other tips you might have for keeping this laundry system going? Also, the manual says not to wash scatter rugs in it because of sand/dirt. Anybody follow this recommendation? I have lots of rugs and pet bedding and certainly thought a $1500 washer could handle them.

Thanks for you help and suggestions.
Whistle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Samsung 520 ?

Wondering the same thing because I just bought one myself and they are coming next week.
Seems stupid not to be able to wash rugs in it!!

o
RE: Samsung 520 ?

Hoyamom, mine is being unloaded right now. I will run it empty just as a caution. I was hoping to get more responses. If I run across anything in the manual that's not in the online one I'll post.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here