Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dryers with steam?

Posted by momco (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 7, 14 at 11:36

Anybody have any advice on dryers with steam features? I have to replace our whole house, and the dryer I had (and loved) is no longer made. It was a Maytag with a steam compartment above the regular dryer which could be used either for freshening and steaming dry clothes or drying delicates that couldn't be put in a normal dryer. Anybody have a dryer that they really love? I'm currently looking at the "professional" Miele washing machine, but am not set on it, and I don't care one bit whether my washer and dryer match - I use them, don't particularly look at them. I want the most effective laundry room possible, not necessarily the prettiest.... don't intend to entertain guests there or anything. So any dryer that is really good will work.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dryers with steam?

Sansung and LG has steam, but they are not reliable. I highly reccomend the european models. Miele makes great washers and dryers

o

I bought a Maytag Bravos topload washer and steam dryer several years ago. I regret the extra money I spent to get the TOL dryer, I've only used the steam feature twice. I use the water heater feature on the washer all the time, getting the TOL washer was a good decision.

I dry most clothing for 2-3 minutes on low heat, then hang items on a nearby rack to air dry. No ironing ever and saves energy, too.

o

My Electrolux has steam. I use it frequently to unwrinkle. Works very well, I love it.

Jane

o

I have an Electrolux with steam, too, and I also use it to unwrinkle and freshen things. Like Jane NY, I love it. In addition, it cools the load after drying, to minimize wrinkles. You can also set it to keep tumbling on air fluff for up to 3 hours, so that you can get to it when it's convenient and not have the load get all wrinkled. I love that about this machine.

Cj

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here