Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fisher & Paykel Washer Error

Posted by rpandtt (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 27, 14 at 10:41

I have a GWL11 , Eco Smart top loader

My washer stops at the first wash progress cycle. I select normal wash, automatic and when I press start, water starts flowing and then I get a beeping noise. I advance the cycle and water flows, it beeps again. Once I get through wash cycles it washes fine the rest of the time. I've tried the wash temp down, then power, beeps twice, push spin up twice, but don't get any error codes. Water both hot and cold come out forceful so don't think hoses are clogged. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fisher & Paykel Washer Error

Probably the diverter valve is bad or clogged with something (such a dime or hairpin) preventing it from fully seating into recirculation mode.

You're not doing the diagnostic correctly. Press Spin Up as many times as needed (should be 3 times) to get BOTH the Hold and Slow lights on. Press Spin Down to back up if you overshoot the mark. There are sixteen diagnostic modes. The number of times pressing the spin speed buttons isn't the key ... it's which spin speed lights are on. Pressing the buttons scrolls up and down through the levels to get into the correct mode. The fault code won't display if you're in the wrong diagnostic mode.

The Perm Press cycle should work without error if the diverter not shifting into recirculate mode is the problem. Perm Press doesn't involve the recirculation function.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here