Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Holes in clothing, mysterious tiny holes

Posted by rwilson65 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 5, 13 at 10:40

There was a long running forum on this site about mysterious tiny holes that appeared in one family's clothing. They thought they had ruled out the washer and dryer but no other common thing could be blamed. They even looked at seat belts in their vehicle! It was a real mystery with many people posting a similar problem. The forum finally maxed out on space after 4 years. I don't know if anyone has posted a new forum on the subject but if so, I couldn't find it. We have had similar problems and both times it was our electric clothes dryer emitting tiny sparks inside from improper ventilation. In our first home it was the ventilation being installed improperly and causing too much heat buildup. In our next home it was a crimped aluminum vent tube which had the same effect. Two different dryer brands! If you are experiencing these holes, do not rule our your dryer. Excessive lint buildup could also be a related factor (I can't explain why the holes in the past forum seemed to be concentrated in certain areas of the clothing..I'm just sayin' CHECK THE DRYER VENTING!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Holes in clothing, mysterious tiny holes

However people think they are getting holes in their clothing, your suggestion to check the dryer venting is a very good idea. It can save you money and also possibly a house fire.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here