Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rwilson65

Holes in clothing, mysterious tiny holes

rwilson65
11 years ago

There was a long running forum on this site about mysterious tiny holes that appeared in one family's clothing. They thought they had ruled out the washer and dryer but no other common thing could be blamed. They even looked at seat belts in their vehicle! It was a real mystery with many people posting a similar problem. The forum finally maxed out on space after 4 years. I don't know if anyone has posted a new forum on the subject but if so, I couldn't find it. We have had similar problems and both times it was our electric clothes dryer emitting tiny sparks inside from improper ventilation. In our first home it was the ventilation being installed improperly and causing too much heat buildup. In our next home it was a crimped aluminum vent tube which had the same effect. Two different dryer brands! If you are experiencing these holes, do not rule our your dryer. Excessive lint buildup could also be a related factor (I can't explain why the holes in the past forum seemed to be concentrated in certain areas of the clothing..I'm just sayin' CHECK THE DRYER VENTING!

Comments (2)