Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
onebigmess_gw

After Years of Tide...

OneBigMess
11 years ago

And reading all about the cool detergents you guys have (Persil,Ariel,Vaska) I wanted to try a imported detergent myself.

So.. while I was at Walmart, I found a 2kg bag of Foca Powder for 3 dollars and some change, and grabbed it.

Yesderday, I finally did the first load. Honestly, I didn't know how much to use, or really what I was doing. However, at the suggestions of a previous member here I ended up using 3 Tablespoons, and using no fabric softener.

Well.. I was so nervous, I kept checking up on the Washer like every 10 minutes, and there was very little sudsing whatsoever.

But, from another suggestion from this ever so helpful forum, I hit the "Pause" Button and felt the water. It was very slimy, which I think means, the detergent softened the water well enough, that it was good for cleaning.

Finally, from what felt like forever (I was so anxious, lol) My front loader, played it's little ringtone sounding tone, saying, "It's finally done" :)

I opened the door, and everything was just Clean. I can't really say though, how well the detergent was at stain removal because our clothing wasn't really stained to begin with. However, the clothes felt soft, and I could tell that the detergent was well rinsed out.

Now, I have some questions.

Should there have been more sudsing going on? I mean, there were some slight bubbles, that would run down on the glass of the door, however, I didn't really see anything in the Tub.

I did have a medium size load though, with some Towels, and Clothes. So I think that may have been the reason I didn't see much.

Considering the water is pretty slimy already, would adding STPP make much of a difference? The bag of Foca I'm using is "Phosphate Free", however, I think it's doing well in the washer itself. But, if I can get better results, I'll add it.

Do any of you think, I should just keep using the Tide? I have a very large supply of it, and I know it works pretty well. I guess I'm just curious, to see if there is anything else better.

This weekend, I'm going to be near a Mexican Grocery Store, and will probably be able to pick up some Arial. I'm very excited :)

Comments (6)