Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help: Need Washer / Dryer for 2nd floor

Posted by ras9999 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 30, 11 at 1:54

Was going to buy a Bosch Vision 500 or 800 series Washer/Dryer (front loading) for our 2nd floor laundry room. My friend just told me Bosch just announce discontinue for there main line after Sept 2011.

We have 2nd floor laundry and need something that is good with noise and is a little safe/water-prevention since its on 2nd floor and builder did not put a drain on the floor.

Any advice on something solid ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help: Need Washer / Dryer for 2nd floor

Well a Bosch will probably not do well on a second floor installation, Bosch has a pretty basic suspension system, at least the nexxt series did, I believe the vision series is just a prettied up nexxt. We got rid of our 500 nexxt series due to severe vibration and walking and this was in a concrete basement, we tried everything to fix this issue for 2 years, and finally just bought the LG Waveforce. No more vibration and walking issues. Since you want a water protection pan and stop leak system I believe the Bosch is the only one to have this. They do make catch pans that go under washing machines and since you already have a water and drain hookup there maybe a plumber can help you come up with a solution here. If you are installing on a 2nd floor I would get a machine that has an active anti vibration system like Samsungs VRT or LG's Anti Vibration Technology. Other brands may have there own methods as well. Hope this helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here