Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Liquid Detergent Dispenser?

Posted by sjsh_mom (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 4, 11 at 0:41

We will have a top loader w/d and currently have a bare wall above it. There are cabinetry above the counter on the other side of the W/D. What you have above your W/D...notably, how do you dispense costco size laundry detergent? We prefer to place it above the W/D to quickly dispense the detergent but I am worried about it looking "messey". Can you suggest anything? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Liquid Detergent Dispenser?

Put a cabinet over the washer with a hole in it for the spout of the bottle. Then you can open the cabinet door, squeeze the dispenser button and the detergent will fall into the washer. Might want to line the hole in the cabinet with plastic so it can be washed once in a while - might get a bit messy with time. Or put the detergent into a smaller bottle and squeeze it into the washer.

I finally got tired of dealing with large bottles of detergent and changed to the Method pump. Much smaller and easier to store and deal with.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here