Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kidziti

second thoughts...

kidziti
12 years ago

We're about to commit to a purchase of a new washer to replace a 2004 Whirlpool Duet (GWW9100L). I'm looking at two products - both Samsung FL's - from Lowes:

WF231ANW: Has Add-a-Garment (I used that a lot with the Duet), 3.5 cu ft capacity (less than the 3.7 I was used to with the Duet)

WF330ANW: Not sure if it has Add-a-Garment, 3.7 cu ft capacity which is a plus. Has "diamond drum" which is purportedly easier on fabrics. I'm thinking of the pilling of some of our nice fleece fabrics from our now dead Duet washer and wonder if the diamond drum is just a gimmick or a real advantage to us...

We can get the WF231 for 719 and the WF330 for 809. The 231 just went up to 809 as well, but we have it ordered already at 719, so that seems like the best "deal". It won't ship until later this week, so we still have time to switch. I am not sure if we will miss the 0.2 cubic feet we lose by stepping down to the smaller 231.

While the 231 is the best "deal", when all is said and done we won't live with the "deal" for the next 5-10 years; we'll live with the washer.

Both have internal water heaters - a must in a FL washer according to a lot of folks here.

Comments (2)