Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Whirlpool Washer 8500 & 8400 Mystery Solved

Posted by sgooter (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 1, 07 at 15:47

I've been lurking here for a few weeks as way to learn all I can about the latest washers & dryers since we need new ones. Today I spoke with Whirlpool about the status of the 8500 and 8400-series washers & dryers: WP discontinued production on the 8500 washers and dryers several months ago in order to eliminate redundant manufacturing. The only difference between these two series is the trim color. The new 8400 washer and the older 8300 washer (no heater) both match up with WP's 8300-series dryer. By shutting down the 8500 line, WP has simply streamlined their production. Now WP makes only the 8300 series dryer for both washers, and they all have the same front design and trim color.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Whirlpool Washer 8500 & 8400 Mystery Solved

I am looking at possible new w/d. What do you mean by the 8300 having no heater? Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here