Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
European washers in the USA

Posted by babco (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 29, 04 at 13:14

Just found this on the web :) :) WOW what a lot of information!

I am leaving Germany in February after providing health care to US Army Soldiers for the past year. Politics aside it has been a very rewarding experience not to mention -- I have loved my front loader. As I begin my preparation to ship home I an looking into the possibility of bring quality European front loader back a to the USA.

The best value appears to be an AEG Lavalogic with digital controls (in English and several other languages). But many Miele units are available too, with slightly higher prices.

My concerns are:
--- will I be able to get parts/service
--- will the 60Hz current be a problem on a machine built
for 50HZ.
--- Will it be possible to get a manual in English
--- Is a Miele worth the 10% additional price

Any information/advice would be appreciated
Thanks in advance

JON

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: European washers in the USA

babco,

This is the "Gallery" section of the Laundry Room Forum... to be sure people read your post, please use the main "Discussions" area.

Also, please note there are already responses to your original question in the AEG thread, linked below. Since these Forums only hold a limited number of threads, it's best to keep posting to an existing discussion, so that new "duplicate" threads don't push other topics off the list unnecessarily.

I'm still unclear whether you *own* a FL washer already, or are planning to buy one... please follow the link below, scroll down to the recent posts where you originally asked your question, and provide further information. Yes, AEG and Miele washers are great, but they're both available in the States in the proper 60Hz configuration, so you don't need to do a gray-market import yourself.

--Tom.

Here is a link that might be useful: AEG Washers/Dryers - main Forum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here