Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FL washer capacity -- down quilts & sleeping bags

Posted by Peter_J (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 15, 04 at 1:44

We are in the market for a new washer/dryer and are looking at the Duet/HE4T versus the FriGEmore line. One concern we have is capacity to wash queen size down quilts and sleeping bags, which we would like to do occasionally.

The HE4T is 3.8 cubic feet and uses 13/26 (min/max) gallons of water, the Kenmore 44072 is 3.1 cubic feet and uses 11/14 (min/max) gallons. The 44072 is quite a bit less expensive and probably has enough capacity for our "normal" washing needs. Questions:

1. Has anyone had experiences in washing large items like a queen size down quilt in either of these machines (or in machines of similar capacity)? What are the issues?

2. It is hard for us to believe that the small water volume in the 44072 is sufficient -- is this an issue?

Thanks for any advice!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FL washer capacity -- down quilts & sleeping bags

Sorry -- I just realized I put this in the gallery instead of the discussion forum -- I will move it to the discussion forum so please don't post here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here