Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fisher & Paykel Washers - Newest thoughts?

Posted by makoma (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 27, 09 at 10:25

I have been following the excellent discussion on this forum about possible selections for washers and dryers. I was all ready to go to Lowe's and buy the Fisher & Paykel washer and dryer, probably the CW2 or DW2 as I like the Best of Both Worlds - Dual Washing Modes option. I do want a HE top loader.

However, when I got to Lowe's (St. Petersburg) - they no longer are carrying Fisher & Paykel as they have had so many problems with them! So I came home and phoned the 4 repair shops in our area that are the service centers for F&P, and 3 said they do have a great number of repairs for F&P and that the parts are expensive. I was so disappointed.

Repairs are mentioned frequently for F&P on this forum, but for those who purchased in the last 2 years - any problems? Has F&P improved themselves of late?

Also, would I be better with a Whirlpool or Kenmore that has copied the F&P "no agitator" technology? One of the Kenmore's has 2 pumps rather than one?

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fisher & Paykel Washers - Newest thoughts?

I bought the top of line Fisher and Paykel washer and dryer in 2008 and have been very disappointed. Have had several repair call on each appliance. Contacted F & P CO in March and talked to one of their representatives who promised they would call back in 3 to 4 days to let me know when he would be in my area to stop by and see the problems I was having. Still haven't heard back from him.
Washer you can not wash in hot water. It starts out with hot but the company told me that is only for few gallons of water. The dryer - now I have to remove the filter by unscrewing it and removing the lint that stays in that area and does not go into the part that has the sensor on it. I got these instruction from the service person when he came to service it when it wasn't drying my clothes. I spent around $1500 for the pair. I won't try and sell them as I wouldn't feel right passing these problems on to someone else. My advice don't buy Fisher and Paykel appliances.

o

I have a Fisher and Paykel GW711 top loader and wante to find out what fault code 49 means - anyone know?

o

GWL 15 washer ~ 7 yrs old. noticed a small puddle of water on the floor a couple of weeks ago getting worse of course, raised up the washer on blocks and watched it run through a delicate cycle noticed water dripping from the drain pump area removed pump and noticed ~ 16th" up and down movement with the shaft is this normal ? Drips must continue all night as puddle is larger in the morning.
any ideas ? thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here