Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
F&P GWL11 Washer( Delicate and HandWash)

Posted by ShaneMac (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 14, 04 at 11:54

Hello there, well I just bought my first house with my girlfriend but it does not come with a washer and dryer and found a link to this forum from another website.. not sure where though.

At first I was going to get the Bosch Nexxt Washer and Dryer but finding it hard to spend the money on them... are they really worth it. Wather is dirt cheep here at .002 cents a gallon.

My next option was to get a good top loader, the GWL11 and the Kenmore Elite Dryer 6490? Would save me around $1000 cdn. Where this all leads to is my girlfriend wants a handwash cycle but the GWL11 is not listed as having one, it does have delicate and perm press. Is delicate considered the same thing as a handwash?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: F&P GWL11 Washer( Delicate and HandWash)

Sorry I posted in the wrong spot, this can be deleted.

o

Hi!
I just received my GWL11 last week and that was alos a concern of mine. I use the delcate cycle for clothes I want clean that say "handwashable". I haven't had problems so far. I will say that I will use a laundry mesh bag for some delicates.( hose, bras, some slips, etc.) I also fasten the closures on bras before washing to keep the hooks from snagging. You can push a button to keep the washer from spinning and then remove handwashables for drip drying.
Hope this helps. Good Luck.

o

GWL11 Delicate cycle should be acceptably-gentle for handwashables. The more expensive F&P IWL12/16 does have a specific Handwash cycle which is very gentle indeed, but I can't say how it compares to the GWL11's Delicate.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here