Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bsacks_gw

Any thoughts on the LG washer/dryer combo

bsacks
18 years ago

Does anyone have any experience with the LG washer/dryer combos? I'm looking to put a w/d in a closet in the master bedroom as a second laundry. I don't want to spend a lot of money and it's important to do delicates, wool, silk, etc. I don't need a lot of capacity. Is a combo a reasonable option or are there any other suggestions. I can fit a stacked w/d, but thought I could save some money by doing the combo.

Comments (4)

• granjan
    17 years ago

post on discussion page

• manny_1
    16 years ago

I paid 1200 dollars for my wm3431 just over a year ago, it workded great, but now is not drying well at all, and need it service and have to pay out of pocket. If you do buy it buy the extended plan, but do your research. Not happy at this time.

• kitchenelf
    15 years ago

I've enjoyed owning them. Have had combinations for over 25 years. Not all from LG. They are getting progressively better and the LG I'm using now doesn't even use a vent. It condenses the water and sends it out the same hose as dirty wash water. You may find yourself using this machine for all your washing needs. I find they work best with hard water and calgon with the detergent (prevents calcium build-up and softens water.) Never had a problem with stinky wash, not with my first machine of 18 yrs (Eudora). And not with the two FL I currently use (7 & 1 years). The prices are very high in the states, why is that?

The last two, I've operated -- provided in hotels in Dubai and in S. Korea are amazing! I just wish I could read the one here in Korea, I cannot read Korean, but my husband's very dirty work socks come out like new and the clothes are very clean! The loads do take longer than top loaders but are efficient, much quieter, and come out of the machine ready for the drawer or suitcase. No steamy room or mildew around the machine. I am looking for an instruction book for my LG Tromm DD inverter 6.5kg WD 951 RD (reduced detergent?) machine. Then I can throw in my delicates. Right now I remove most clothes before the drying cycle and shake them out and hang them to dry. Don't need an iron. I have figured out only one setting...would be nice to have instructions. Been reading a lot lately about stinky wash and really, can't understand it. Also read that a product can be ordered at Stinkywash.com that solves the problem, if that is help to anyone. I would recommend this type washer/dryer. These types of washers normally use 1/2 capacity when drying. Mine is 6.5 wash, 3kg dry. But like I said, I hang up some of the load anyway and it is almost dry even before the dry cycle starts. I like that. My husband has been able to get by the whole summer with just 3 shirts and two pair of jeans! What you invest in the machine, you save in buying clothes! Those are my thoughts.

• sled
    15 years ago

I have an LG combo machine and it too did a fine but slow job foe several years. Recently, though, the clothes get very hot and the frum gets full of steam but the moistyre doesn;t sem to be condensing as it used to. I have checked for drain blockage and all the hoses and the filter are clean. Maybe the outer drum needs cleaning. Does any one have any experience or suggestions re this problem? TIA.