Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
skipping stitches... question

Posted by sharon620 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 31, 08 at 22:12

Hi Everyone! Happy New Year!
I have a question about skipping stitches. When a pattern calls for you to skip 2 stitchs should I include the stitich I just went into? I know it is probably a stupid ( and I hate that word) question but I just not sure.
Thanks so much and Have a very healthy and most happy new year!

Sharon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: skipping stitches... question

http://www.vmgo.com/yt/stitch/page2.html This site seems to include several crochet instruction sites with videos...maybe one will show you what you need to know.

o

Sharon, when the instructions say skip two stitches you do not count the last one you just made..you would skip the next two stitches and then crochet into the third one up. HTH ;o)

o
How to knit this Celtic cable design?

Hello,

I started this sweater over 12 years ago, got stuck and put it away until I found it again. It is a pattern called Iola Sweater from The Celtic Collection by Alice Starmore. It is a intertwining cable inside a diamond. I am stuck on where the intertwining cable starts inside the diamond. Anybody out there up for a challenge in helping me figure out how to do this? I can scan the section from the pattern and send it to people.

Any assistance will be greatlly appreciated.
Rose Marie Lewis
Menasha, WI

o

May I suggest that you do a separate posting with an appropriate heading (Alice Starmore; The Celtic Collection; Iola sweater are a few suggestions). Your question is now posted under "Slipping Stitches" which is probably why you have not received any help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here