Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Simply Knitting Magazine

Posted by yarnlover (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 17, 09 at 22:10

Can anyone tell me where I might buy a hard copy of the Dec. issue with Alan Dart's Knutcracker pattern? All I can seem to find online are downloads.

I live in a rural area and only have access to dial-up. Downloading a full magazine would probably take the rest of my natural life.

I'd have loved to have this pattern for Christmas, but it will certainly be welcomed as a birthday gift for a special collector friend for an Aug. birthday.

Any help would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Simply Knitting Magazine

I did a Google search for Simply knitting alan dart nutcracker and came up with this link. I've ordered things from the UK and they came faster than domestic! The 5.99 price is in English pounds, so it will be more in US dollars. I wonder if you can get just the pattern directly from Alan Dart.

So sorry you have to deal with dial up.

-Babka

Here is a link that might be useful: Copy for sale in UK

o

Thank you for your effort. The auction has closed and both copies are gone. As for Alan's website, I contacted him, (yes!, he answers his own email). He says that he gives exlclusivity to Simply Knitting for about a year. He will offer the pattern; but, the soonest will be next Christmas.

o

Please email me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here