Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maggie4_gw

Magic Crochet books

Maggie4
16 years ago

I am wondering if this company or one like it is still around. I have several of these wonderful books! I don't want to get rid of any of them. I learn to crochet with these and now I am trying to see if I can subscribe to them again or something like them. If they are no longer around what happened to them? Does anyone know? If you ever see one and like to crochet or want to learn. Pick it up . I just found NO 2 at a thrift store for 59 cents. What a find!!!

Comments (6)

• sandra_ferguson
    16 years ago

I was curious so I googled Magic Crochet books and saw that there were quite a few for sale on ebay...you might want to surf over there and see if you'd want any of those offered.

• lindadiane
    16 years ago

I find them in my grocery store. which is a Pollys.
    But the address to order is
    Magic crochet
    subscription dept
    p.o. box 1971
    Danbury, CT. 06813

• Maggie4
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I never thought to look at the Super Markets. I gooled them too. I have those but "Thankyou" and also thanks for the Address. I have written to the one in my books and never received a reply. It was Patterson,NY. Looks like they have relocated. Thanks

• shaddy101
    16 years ago

I don't believe that these particular magazines are being published anymore, at least, not as we know them. the doily part anyway.

They originally started in France, where most of the diagram things come from, Japanese designers were used for a lot of those patterns.

I have almost the whole collection, but as for going ebay, and trying to add, I would pass, as the costs are getting way out of line, and you would be better off either the resale shops, or trying various crochet forums where they might just sell outright.
    You could also ask the ladies there, some have doubles they part with.
    I wish you good luck in your quest, and if you do have success getting hold of someone anywhere at the addresses you have listed, do post, as we all would like to know more about these (Magic & Decorative) crochet magazines, I understand that Crochet Fantasy, which also carried diagram doilies and clothing patterns has also gone out of publication?
    Not sure on that one, just heard rumbles. I also have many of those issues. Guess I am a lucky one, again, good luck, and understand your zeal in locating!

• starvingartist
    16 years ago

These magazines are not being published anymore. There are a total of 155. Contact me if you want them :)

• Angel7Lady
    12 years ago

Hi folks. I'm 54; Dad's Mom taught me thread crochet; it is quickly becoming a lost art. Just check out the 4H booth at your local ag-fair. I've been making doilies, garlic bags, curtains, clothing ... ever since. Magic was my fav; I had the info from the company in NH [where I spent many years] that created the software to translate written patterns into the diagrams we all love; but alas.... I am going to scan my crate of mags in case something physical happens to them..... any thoughts? copyrights to a vanished empire??? etc.??

Sponsored
More Discussions