Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Scarf Pattern

Posted by tcskitten (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 20, 07 at 19:47

I hope someone cn help me. Recently I saw a woman on a plane,wearing a scarf she bought in Toronto. I would love to try and make a similar one. It used many textures of yarns, beads, large popcorn-like thingies, here and there. Much was garter stitched, but with the various yarns and several stitch patterns ... it was gorgeous. I guess one could describe it as Fun and Funky. It was about 5-6 inches wide, by about 60+ inches long.
I'm hoping someone can offer me a pattern, a site, a picture etc....at least I might get a better idea.
Please email me directly... as I am in the midst of relocating......
...thank you all!!!

tcskitten@hotmail.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Scarf Pattern

Boy, that sounds like a one of a kind handmade creation, good luck finding a pattern. You didn't take a photo of it perhaps?

o
RE: Scarf Pattern

I saw an afghan recently like that. When I admired it, the knitter said, "Oh, I just use up leftover yarns, changing patterns and combining yarns however I feel like at the time. The more colors, textures, and patterns, the better."

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here