Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pattern for neck/collar thing....

Posted by marciagaye (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 3, 06 at 19:24

O.K. I will try to make some sense. I was at a craft show this weekend and somebody had knitted....using the eyelash yarn a thing to dress up the neckline of a sweater. Laying it flat it looked like a triangle with two tails. The tails you wrapped around your neck and then tucked them underneath the triangular part that is now laying on the front part of the sweater. I hope this makes sense...has anyone else seen these???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pattern for neck/collar thing....

I have never seen one - but it sounds great. Why don't you take a piece of graph paper and draw the shape of it?
Then knit it up to show us. (OK, I'm trying to be funny - but it would be interesting to see.)

When you first started to describe it I wondered if it was the free pattern of eyelash used to "dress up" a denim jacket - with a collar and cuffs.
By "free pattern" I mean those one page sheets of patterns (in a pad), that are usually in front of a display of the eyelash yarn.

o
RE: Pattern for neck/collar thing....

It sounds like a small shawl. Take a tape measure and wrap it around your neck and position it as you saw the other one was to be worn. When you have it where you want it, check the measurement. Cast on enough stitches to equal that. Knit a row, next row decrease one near each end. Never do a decrease or increase on the first stitch of any row, always do it one or two stitches in from the end. Alternate rows until it comes to a point with one or two stitches left. You will have to experiment a bit, and I would do it with a similar weight yarn, but not the eyelash to start with, as it doesn't work well to tear out. You might have to decrease an extra stitch or two in the decrease rows.

Tami

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here