Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crochet Beret Pattern (help?)

Posted by missemerald (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 3, 09 at 19:10

I'm almost finished making a poncho for my 9 year old for Christmas, and have some leftover yarn (Lion Boucle). She loves berets (tries them on all the time when we're out shopping). I can't find an easy pattern for one-- I'm not the most experienced crochet person there is. Does anyone have an easy crochet pattern for a beret they wouldn't mind sharing? Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crochet Beret Pattern (help?)

I have done this one and it's so super easy. Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: Beret

o

Where did you find the Boucle? I can not find it anywhere!

o

Actually, I could not easily find it either. Several of us are making ponchos with it for our daughters for the holidays. Three of us ended up buying it (Lion Boucle) in lots from Ebay, and two others purchased the Bernat brand instead from AC Moore (it is very similar, but the skeins are MUCH bigger). Michaels does not seem to carry Lion Boucle anymore, but AC Moore does and I think that Joanns does too (those are our only options around here). There are some online stores too, but I didn't use those. Just google "Lion Boucle" and you'll find them. What are you making with it? It's a great yarn, but frustrating to work with! Good luck!

o

I wanted to make a scarf with the Boucle and Fun Fur together. I made several of them last year and had a request. Our Joann's doesn't carry the Boucle and Barnat does't have any fun colors. I am hoping that a Joann's ETC store might carry it, but the closest is one hour away.

Didn't think to check E-bay, some online stores charge so much for shipping. I'm too cheap to pay much, I might as well go buy a scarf then!

o

The Bernat boucle you can order right from Joanne's if you can't find it in store. Probablly a free shipping code floating aound too, don't have my Joanne's e-mails handy to look but google and see. I love e-bay.
Get lots of yarn, books, hooks and everyhing there reasonable. Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: Boucle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here