Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ba Ba Black Sheep afghan

Posted by suebdoo (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 30, 08 at 18:25

Is anyone familiar with this particular afghan.
I believe it is a crochet pattern.
I saw it in a Mary Maxim catalogue.

Would sure appreciate some info with regards to it?
Level of difficulty?

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ba Ba Black Sheep afghan

Sue I just got the catalog, it's a cute afghan. I made one similiar to it from a book called "Candie Blankies". it was a grass green base (like a field) and the sheep were crocheted in the light and lofty from Red Heart then sewn on. that yarn made me nuts - couldn't see the stiches, had to feel them. but it was the 6 white and one black sheep, then the edging was double crochet chain one to look like a fence.

o
RE: Ba Ba Black Sheep afghan

Hi Goose53

Thanks so much for the info. I bought some of the light and lofty and nearly went crazy. I ended up donating it to the hospital auxillary. They were quite happy with it.

I'm going to look for the book "Candie Blankies".

Mary Maxim says they will sell the pattern when the kit no longer appears in the catalogue. This is only the first time I've seen the kit so it might be a while.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here